PDA

View Full Version : Resort Top Choice...Going on a Pin Code Discount ..

HeadFairyInCharge
08-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Ok so got a Deluxe Resort discount...stayed at Grand Floridian last year mid November...was gorgeous. Decorations for holidays were incredible. So kids want to go to Polynesian, I am not sure if that is a good choice. I was thinking Contemporary or GF again, just can't find a reason to switch. So I am asking those that have been to all or any of the monorail resorts...which would you pick if it was at a huge discounted rate?? Which restaurants are the best in the area,
and which pool seems to be most kid friendly.. any comments?:magic:

mydisneygirls
08-26-2011, 07:39 PM
I absolutely love the Poly. It's a great resort for kids, especially the pool slide. It's a smaller resort than the GF, the rooms are quite large and the buildings all have easy acess to the main lobby. Great area to watch the firewords and lagoon parade and they have Hawaiian music playing throught the resort. We are going in 3 weeks and I'm sad that we are not staying there again (can't afford it). Staying at WL this time. I know it won't be as good as the Poly but we're there!!! I say try it, you'll love it.

Mousemates
08-26-2011, 08:23 PM
For romance and quiet, I like the GF.

For family, convenience and fireworks I like the Poly.

For the rooms, views, ability to walk home from the MK and nostalgic reason (its where I stayed as a 10 year old boy on my first trip to WDW) i like the CR.

Given the description of your trip I would likely go with the poly if I were in your shoes.

A Big Kid
08-27-2011, 11:41 AM
A big plus for the Poly is its close proximity to the TTC. This makes it easy to get to Epcot via monorail.

We like the Tahiti Building. From there, it is a shorter walk to the monorail to the MK at the TTC than to the GCH.

Lynn J Mc
08-30-2011, 09:51 AM
We've stayed at all 3 monorail hotels. I prefer the Contemporary. Their employees just go the extra mile. The Grand Floridian folks weren't so nice. The Poly is probably best for kids. But if I have my choice - always Contemporary, main tower, with Magic Kingdom view. You can leave the mad rush right before the fireworks and watch them from your room.

KAT1811
09-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I would choose the Poly. 'Ohana, the tropical feel, monerail, walk to the TTC, torch lighting ceremony, . . .

Try something new this time. You never know you may like it more.

My parents took our oldest DD to WDW when I was pregnant with our second DD (we now have 3 DDs and a DS :blush:) They wanted to try POFQ since they heard so many positive things about the PO resorts. They hated it. Ended up staying one night and calling me at home from the MK the next day to switch them to another moderate resort. When I called the only moderate with a room was Coronado Springs. Never had we even thought about trying the resort. Actually at that point in time we probably would have told you that it was our last choice out of all the resorts in all the categories. Well they tried it and LOVED it. So much so we are all headed back for our 3rd two week stay at that resort. We have tried new resorts in all categories along the way but like the CSR the most out of all of them (with the exception of the 2BR villas at OKW but that is an entirely different ball game).

Whatever you choose I'm sure it will be fabulous. After all it's in Disney! :mickey:

andreallybadeggs
09-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Lucky girl. It's a Win-Win-Win situation. I think it's nitpicking to find things wrong with any of the monorail resorts. I am glad, though, that we've been able to experience all of them. So if the kids want to try the Poly, I'd go with that. You certainly won't hate it, may love it, and the lovely GF lobby is just one stop away. Treat yourself to afternoon tea there. :mickey:

kemps@wdw
09-11-2011, 01:01 AM
if a huge discount were available, I would DEFINITELY go for the Poly!!!:lei: