PDA

View Full Version : Where can I check for large youth groups at All Stars?

Joeybun
08-26-2011, 11:21 AM
I remember seeing a website that showed when the big youth groups would be at the All Stars. Does anyone know where I can get this information?

I'm so worried that I will have a repeat of last year when the teams were at the AS Sports when I was. If I can check it would put my mind at ease. I just don't want to be around screaming teenagers with my grandkids, no no no.

There's a new post on Trip Advisor about the Brazilian sports teams and how loud it was at AS Music, which is where we are staying. This brought to mind our honeymoon in 1995...We stayed at the Dolphin and the Brazilian youth soccer teams were also staying there. They were running up and down the corridors and sitting on the floor outside our door, yelling, laughing, having a great time! :crowd:

Uh, not the best way to enjoy a honeymoon! They moved us to concierge at 2 in the morning. Crazy!!!

If anyone knows how to find out, please let me know.

WDWdreamer87
09-01-2011, 06:58 PM
When are you planning on coming? I work at All Star so I can find out for you the usual months they come if I don't know already.
This year Brazilians were here from late June to mid July. Band groups were here both before and during that time. Cheerleading competition was in March, lots of squads around. Dance competition was in February but they were very quiet to be in groups.

This was all in Music, by the way. From what I can tell, Sports is always busy with groups due to the competitions held at WWoS. Especially June and July.

BigRedDad
09-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Sorry to hijack this, but it is not worth posting a new one. What about this month at AS Sports?

Joeybun
09-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Thanks Monica we arrive in 19 days!

texas211
09-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Yeah, ASMusic, was filled to the brim w/ groups. My first time there, and last time. I'll stay offsite at the Hilton before I come back to any ASM. There were other reasons too, but never again.

SandmanGStefani24
09-02-2011, 11:12 AM
any truth to the rumor that POP is immune to the tour groups?

WDWdreamer87
09-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Most always groups come to the All Star resorts. I've not heard of groups at Pop however I could possibly be wrong. All star has a bus station (Celebrity Hall) where these groups get on seperate busses then the resort guests so I am sure that's why you never hear of them at Pop.

As for this month at All Star Sports, I know we have some sort of dining plan going on exclusive with the All Stars so we are all booked. I doubt its groups due to school starting, but I saw some church groups today...which I am sure isn't the the type you are worried about. :D ill keep you posted if I hear anything.

JerseyDad
09-05-2011, 12:11 AM
any truth to the rumor that POP is immune to the tour groups?

.....absolutely not. I'd elaborate.....but since I'm at POP now....I'll wait 'till I get home to vent.

tigger24601
09-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Night of joy is the 9th and 10th this month but I would think most wuld be clearing out on Sunday or staying offsite. All that should be clear long befoe the 19th.

BigRedDad
09-06-2011, 08:04 AM
As for this month at All Star Sports, I know we have some sort of dining plan going on exclusive with the All Stars so we are all booked.

Thank you. The AS's do/did have the Free Dining offer. That is what I am booked on a "Memories Vacation Package". It has free dining, a 20-page photo book, and the regular "discounts".

Honestly, I am praying for a cheerleader group there. I may need someone to do my DD's hair :mickey:

frozman
09-13-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm actually at All Star Sports right now, and yeah, it's packed. I really don't know if it's a matter of a big group being here or the free dining. The only issues I have to be honest with you are the lines at the food court and bus stop. Although my room faces a wooded area and not a play/pool area.

disneyfan328
09-13-2011, 09:18 AM
anyone know of any groups or how busy it will be at the all stars in January? we are currently planning at trip arrival on 1/8/12.

Also can anyone tell me if there really are any huge differences to the all -stars? it seems that some websites show that music is cheaper then pop century and movies being the most expensive??

I thought they were all the same???:confused:

BigRedDad
09-13-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm actually at All Star Sports right now, and yeah, it's packed.

It is completely sold out for next week. Bus lines don't bother me because I will leave well before lines get bad. I would rather be waiting at rope drop than to get on a bus to get to rope drop. As for nights, DD "usually" has had enough before the end of the night so we beat those crowds. We will see how this trip goes.

brownie
09-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Also can anyone tell me if there really are any huge differences to the all -stars? it seems that some websites show that music is cheaper then pop century and movies being the most expensive??

Rack rates for standard and preferred rooms are the same across all the value resorts (see the Resort Pricing Matrix (http://intercot.com/resorts/disney/rates/default.asp).) There are family suites at All-Star Music that cost more.

Aside from the theming being different at each of the All-Stars, one of the big differences is that the food court at All-Star Movies is bigger than the food courts at All-Star Music and All-Star Sports.

disneyfan328
09-14-2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks, I guess there is no ryhme or reason as to why AAA is charging more for movies than pop century or music. Its the same rooms so go figure

brownie
09-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks, I guess there is no ryhme or reason as to why AAA is charging more for movies than pop century or music. Its the same rooms so go figure

If you're looking at AAA, that's typically packages and not room-only. That may be where the differences are coming in. I'd recommend going to Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/), an INTERCOT site sponsor, for the best help with this.

Tigerinvestigator
09-14-2011, 03:04 PM
I don't want to sound negative but in truth there are always going to be large youth groups at the All Stars. With the now year round travel baseball, basketball, soccer, football leagues all over the country, there is always a tournament in the Orlando area. Some of those teams will always visit Disney and with the deep discounts they offer at the all-star for groups it is simply where they are going to stay. For example: Last September we took 45 youth from our church here in Tennessee and NOBODY could beat the All-Star Music's price. This December my daughter's high school basketball team in TN is playing a tournament in Daytona and will be at Disney as well. If my little 3,000 person town is taking groups constantly you can be guaranteed there will always be youth groups there. It is the nature of the value resorts.....good or bad.:)

dizneydeb22
09-14-2011, 04:11 PM
When are you planning on coming? I work at All Star so I can find out for you the usual months they come if I don't know already.
This year Brazilians were here from late June to mid July. Band groups were here both before and during that time. Cheerleading competition was in March, lots of squads around. Dance competition was in February but they were very quiet to be in groups.

This was all in Music, by the way. From what I can tell, Sports is always busy with groups due to the competitions held at WWoS. Especially June and July.

Hi Monica,

Anything to worry about Feb 11-15? Husband and I taking a parent only trip. Not worried about basic traffic, but big groups may sway our decision.

Thanks!

Joeybun
09-14-2011, 04:37 PM
I don't want to sound negative but in truth there are always going to be large youth groups at the All Stars. With the now year round travel baseball, basketball, soccer, football leagues all over the country, there is always a tournament in the Orlando area. Some of those teams will always visit Disney and with the deep discounts they offer at the all-star for groups it is simply where they are going to stay. For example: Last September we took 45 youth from our church here in Tennessee and NOBODY could beat the All-Star Music's price. This December my daughter's high school basketball team in TN is playing a tournament in Daytona and will be at Disney as well. If my little 3,000 person town is taking groups constantly you can be guaranteed there will always be youth groups there. It is the nature of the value resorts.....good or bad.:)

Not negative, just realistic! We know the All Stars attract the groups, whether 45 or 4500 youths. I'm not worried about the groups of 45, even if there are several. I'm worried about the groups that overrun the place...that don't follow the rules and that aren't made to follow the rules (as I found out last year). Hopefully, this time will be much different because these resorts really are lovely and I'm thrilled to be there with the grandchildren.

Leaving in 5 days!!! :party:

disneyfan328
09-14-2011, 04:57 PM
If you're looking at AAA, that's typically packages and not room-only. That may be where the differences are coming in. I'd recommend going to Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/), an INTERCOT site sponsor, for the best help with this.

I am actually already working with MJ and Denise has been wonderful. We were just checking prices on airfare and saw some packages and figured we'd check it out to see how good of a deal we were getting with MJ:thumbsup:AAA packages were comparable price wise but I was just trying to figure out why they would be pricing them differently. Its no biggie as if/when we decide to book the trip we are definetly going with MJ again :mickey: They really are the best!

WDWdreamer87
09-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Hi Monica,

Anything to worry about Feb 11-15? Husband and I taking a parent only trip. Not worried about basic traffic, but big groups may sway our decision.

Thanks!

We do see the baton twirlers around that time, but they were relatively few and didn't stay very long.
Cheerleaders came a little later in March, so I think you should be fine.

dizneydeb22
09-15-2011, 11:20 AM
We do see the baton twirlers around that time, but they were relatively few and didn't stay very long.
Cheerleaders came a little later in March, so I think you should be fine.

Thanks so much for answering so quickly!:mickey: