PDA

View Full Version : Family adventure booked for March 3-8!!!

CajunDisneyDad
08-26-2011, 08:03 AM
Just booked our next outing into the world for March 3-8. THis time however we will be bringing my mother and father in law with us, as well as maybe brother in-law and his wife and kids. We will be staying at POR this go round. I figured a slight change of pace from the values. If anyone has stayed there please share with me your opinion on this place. Also send a though or prayer my way for having to deal with back seat driving father-in-law for 13 hours lol. May he sleep peacefully for a majority of the trip!!!

buzznwoodysmom
08-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Wow, it takes you 13 hours to get to WDW from Lafayette??? It typically takes us between 11 and 12 hours! We must be driving faster than you, or make less stops along the way.

I think you are going to love a moderate resort. We started out staying at the values, but once we stayed at the moderate and deluxe resorts its hard to go back to a value. The deluxe resorts are wonderful, but we always feel we get the most bang for the buck at the moderates. POR is not our favorite moderate, actually we didn't like it at all, but it has many, many fans. Our favorite mod. was POFQ. So small, quiet, and charming. My kids love CBR, they love the pirate themed pool, and the pirate rooms. Those are our favorites, but I'd stay at any of the moderates before a value resort, so I think you'll be happy with any of them. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

CajunDisneyDad
08-26-2011, 10:21 AM
I think it takes us longer because between my wife and DS (2) I think we stop at every rest stop along I-10 in Florida lol. We stayed at CBR for our honeymoon. We had friends stay at POR and they liked it :) I think I might have to try POFQ, but come on, we live 2 hours from the real thing :P

buzznwoodysmom
08-26-2011, 11:46 AM
I think it takes us longer because between my wife and DS (2) I think we stop at every rest stop along I-10 in Florida lol. We stayed at CBR for our honeymoon. We had friends stay at POR and they liked it :) I think I might have to try POFQ, but come on, we live 2 hours from the real thing :P

You know, I said for years that I had no desire to ever stay at either of the Port Orleans resorts because I'm from Louisisna and if I wanted to experience New Orleans I could just go to the real thing any time I want.

We tried POR because my SIL and her family were there. We were only there for one night, before checking into CBR for the rest of the week. I did not like Riverside at all. I thought the room looked like an old camp, the vegitation was just too overgrown for me, and for the first time in many, many trips to WDW I could not navigate this resort. We got lost going to the main pool, and again on our way back to our room. There was just nothing that thrilled me about the resort, and I was actually so happy to check out and head to CBR the following morning.

Then last Oct. we stayed at POFQ, mainly because it was the only moderate resort we hadn't stayed at yet. I LOVED it!!! Never would have thought I'd ever say that. It was just so peaceful and charming. The best part was the size, no matter where your room is you are very close to anything in the resort.

The next time we are looking to stay at a moderate resort I'm almost positive its going to be French Quarter. I doubt we'll ever stay at Riverside again. But to be fair, Riverside has many, many loyal fans, so it must be me! LOL. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

lynnek
08-27-2011, 08:41 AM
We are not interested in Saratoga Springs and Wilderness lodge for the same reasons--we live it. Yes, WL is considered Northwest, but definitely has the camp feel of the Adirondacks.
You FIL--just keep reminding yourself he gets to go on Triceratops spin again and again anf again with the 2 yr old:)