PDA

View Full Version : Dinner in Germany

PEDSNURSE
08-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Can anyone tell me about eating in Germany for TS? We ate counter service meal and loved it... is it worth a TS voucher to move inside and eat? Is there a show? Just wondering, we loved the meal we had and hubbie wants to check out the other dining option there.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-25-2011, 10:15 AM
We love Germany!

The TS meal experience is totally different from the CS one. Inside, you'll find a buffet of German food, all quite good.

Yes, the band plays a show (which we like) and the atmosphere is neat. I've never been to Germany, but my Mom has spent time there and she says it reminds her quite well of her time there.

If you've never tried it, it is worth it!

Disney Hungarian
08-25-2011, 10:47 AM
I enjoy it. I think it is better at Dinner. I wasn't so impressed with the lunch offerings. Being seated with other guests is always fun too. The show is interesting. The 1 litre beer is fun. The all you can eat apple strudel with the vanilla sauce is the highlight of the buffet.

DisneyDINK
08-25-2011, 11:17 AM
I love the beer (bier) and the band. The food is just OK. (You ever heard the words "German" and "Cuisine" spoken together?)

I enjoy it. Being seated with other guests is always fun too.

If only that were the case. I usually love this sort of seating arrangement, but I've had bad luck at Biergarten. The seem to like me to sit with stoics, fighting couples, non-English (or spanish) speakers, parents with tempermental two year olds, angry seniors and the like.

That said, I'll give it another try next time. I really like Biergarten.

btharvey
08-25-2011, 12:47 PM
The food is just OK. (You ever heard the words "German" and "Cuisine" spoken together?) ... That said, I'll give it another try next time. I really like Biergarten.
Now, now ... I do love my schnitzel and sauerbraten and Spätzle, so yes, it has Cuisine. :mickey:

Perhaps it's not your cuisine, but sushi is not my cuisine, yet some folks can't live without it. I can't figure it. :confused: Oh well, ... c'est la vie.

Katzateer
08-25-2011, 12:55 PM
We have always had fun and enjoyed the food
but last time we were seated with a family that was really ticked off they had a shared table. Didn't talk to them and they glared at us through a lot of the meal. Not sure why but that wasn't a fun meal.......

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-25-2011, 01:46 PM
We enjoyed the buffet so yes its worth 1TS...I think the band plays every hour starting at 1pm?

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
08-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Hubby and I went there for one of our dinners in '09. Both of us have visited Germany (me on tour with my oldest boys for their senior trip and hubby works for German company) and still enjoyed the food at the Biergarten. We sat with 2 lovely couples and tried to have a great conversation - loud when the band plays.

Auntie B
08-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Hubby and I were lucky enough to get to share a table with a fun group from New Jersey. Good food, good entertainment and good company. I highly recommend it!

PETE FROM NYC
08-25-2011, 08:02 PM
DW and I try to do Germany each trip. That alone says something.
Is it authentic German? All I can say to that is that I am half German, and the food is reminescent of whay I remember my German Grandmother used to make.
I am also half Italian, and that is one cuisine that WDW totally screws up. WDW makes the worlds worst pizza, ketchup on a cracker.

HoosierDisneyFan
08-25-2011, 09:38 PM
I think I have eaten at Biergarten on every Disney trip! I would not tell you that this is my favorite TS restaurant but it is a location that is enjoyed by young & old in my group. The buffet has options for the "meal eater" and the picky eater. The band is entertaining and the flight of beer is worth trying.

IamBelle
08-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Just got back from WDW and Biergarten!! I love the food there, it is so different from anything else in the parks. The show is very entertaining too! If you have children, they can dance right in front of the stage when the show is playing. My favorite foods are the soups (I love the potato leek and the califlower is pretty good too) the Bavarian style pot roast, and the berry compote.

DisneyMom12
08-31-2011, 04:16 PM
We just ate there for the first time last week. I loved it. The food was great, the kids had a ball dancing. It was the best diner of the trip.

Gator
08-31-2011, 04:30 PM
This post has me convinced to try this instead of Japan or Norway like I usually do.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-31-2011, 09:17 PM
Yea! You will enjoy it :thumbsup:

Janmac
09-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Ditto on the beer flight.

Jan

AmandaChan
09-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Biergarten is one of our favorite meals. The show is always nice and we have always loved the food.

Gilgalad
09-03-2011, 11:27 AM
We have always had great table guests here. This is one of the places we eat every trip. You should have lots of fun here!

CanadianWDWFan
09-03-2011, 12:05 PM
For a lot of years we put off eating here. We did so because I am of German decent and was worried that the food wouldn't compare to what I am used to. We were VERY surprised when we finally decide to try it out! We really did enjoy it, all of my comfort foods did not disappoint me at all. Plus the fact that you can get a HUGE, 1 litre, stein of beer to Prost with! :cheers:

Zawadi
09-03-2011, 02:43 PM
you can get a HUGE, 1 litre, stein of beer to Prost with! :cheers:

I can vouch for that. I've also has the flight (4x 6oz beers) but not in the same evening.

GBBT
09-06-2011, 04:53 PM
....and the apple strudel with vanilla sauce is heaven.:cloud9:

5MemphisTiggers
09-08-2011, 10:24 PM
We LOVE Biergarten and eat there every time we go (already have reservations for next month). I love the buffet, and can't get enough Bavarian cheesecake. The show is quite entertaining, and it does remind me of eating at a beer hall in Munich. We've always had good luck with the other guests at our tables. Lots of fun!

If you just want to see the show, I believe they set aside a few tables in the back for folks that aren't eating. You can get a drink and enjoy some or all of the show.

DisneyKim22
09-08-2011, 10:43 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE the Biergarten!!!! It took me years to try it, but once I did, it became a must do for me. We usually make 2 ADRs per trip, one is for us to try a place we hadn't tried before, and the other is always for Biergarten. Good food and a LOT of fun!!

One of the Disney "radio stations" on the web plays a clip of the Germany show every now and then. Makes me happy every time. :D

tinkman
09-09-2011, 06:24 AM
My favorite place! The show is good and just the right length. It's loud, but it is fun. I'm not a social butterfly so getting used to being seated with people I don't know was a struggle for me. But I can tell you that you meet some very interesting people. And, if you want to just keep to yourselves, that's ok too. To me, dinner is better than lunch because there are more choices on the buffet. Never had a bad meal there....and the cheeze cake....OMG! The best I have ever had.

DNS
09-09-2011, 01:09 PM
We ate there almost 3 years ago and I remember the food being great and the show fun. What I can't remember is did beer/wine come with, or do you buy it separate? We are going soon and I have a reservation there.

Disney Hungarian
09-09-2011, 04:10 PM
We ate there almost 3 years ago and I remember the food being great and the show fun. What I can't remember is did beer/wine come with, or do you buy it separate? We are going soon and I have a reservation there.
No, alcoholic beverages are not included in the price. If they were, Germany would be a harder to get ADR than that steak place in Canada. Sorry, I had to say it like that. I always find it funny when people ask, "How do you pronounce that steak place in Canada?" I think one of the INTERCOTTees posted about it some time ago.