PDA

View Full Version : Past WDW Disneymooners

iceicebritney
08-24-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm looking for advice from those who have Disneymooned in WDW. We are 8 days out and looking for "must do's."

What was one thing you did on your honeymoon at WDW that made it a memorable experience that you would recommend? It could be anything like the most romantic spot to watch the fireworks or something you did together that makes you both laugh so hard, even today.

(Just as a side note, We've done carriage rides, and fireworks cruises on previous trips.)

McLiberal8
08-24-2011, 05:13 PM
My advice is to make sure and call to make a note on your ADRs that you are on your honeymoon. Many restaurants will go out of their way to make you honeymoon meals special!
At Crystal Palace during my honeymoon, we had a confetti 'heart' on our table, and got a 'congratulations!' certificate presented by the 4 100-acre wood characters!

faline
08-24-2011, 05:57 PM
You might want to check out this section on Romance at Disney World (http://intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp).

Pop Centurion
08-24-2011, 06:22 PM
My wife & I really enjoyed a walk on the beach at Poly at night followed by watching Hallowishes.

I'd also recommend a ride on characters in flight during sunset if you can.

Surprisingly none of the restaurants did anything special for us with the exception of HDDMR. But that was only because they ask everyone if their on a honeymoon. The best part though was when Dolly asked if we wanted her to video tape us while we got up and danced.

My best advice though is to just enjoy yourselves & really take everything in. We spent a lot of time just holding hands & trying to discover new things that we never noticed on previous trips. Sharing new memories & discoveries is priceless.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-24-2011, 08:26 PM
We honeymooned at Disney, and it was wonderful.

Much to my chagrin, my DH made us wear the bride and groom ears, and it really made the trip! Not only did every CM we see tell us congrats, so did many of the other guests.

We didn't get anything super amazing, but we did get the Voices of Liberty singing to us (When I Fall In Love) - OK, that WAS AMAZING, and lots of confetti and the like at meals. There were also a couple of rides (the Safari in AK comes to mind) where the CM's made a big deal of "announcing" that they had a honeymoon couple on board. I blushed A LOT, but it was fun.

One of our best experiences of the trip was a late ADR at Rose & Crown, we watched Illuminations and then wandered back out of the empty park ... it was super romantic and a great memory.

BigRedDad
08-25-2011, 04:40 AM
We rode Splash Mountain about 10 times in a row on E-Ride night. We also walked around and enjoyed the Osborne Lights. We had a honeymoon suite at AKL and enjoyed our time there.

darthmacho
08-25-2011, 07:33 AM
We spent our honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge, and it was our first time in WDW for both of us.

Some of the romantic things we enjoyed were the Poly Luau, two dinners and a breakfast at Artist Point, dinner at San Angel Inn, and spending a quiet day at the old Discovery Island.

Of course we did some other honeymooney things... ;)

RBrooksC
08-25-2011, 08:11 AM
I wish we had done more romantic stuff. But, we had our first night dinner there be at the California Grill and timed our ADR so we could watch Wishes from our table.

However, what we did is just spend time in the parks and did many things together. I think one of the nicest times, which I know my wife won't agree with is when a Florida storm hit. We were on the Boardwalk so we went up to a porch and we sat on the rockers, listened to the rain, felt the cool breeze and I promptly fell asleep for about 30 min.

Some very quiet time during a hectic wedding/honeymoon week.

brivers222
08-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Congrats!!

while you asked for the "Past" I will just say in the future (106 days) we will be on our honeymoon

We have dinners booked at Narcoosee, California Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse and nice time relaxing on the poly beach before the Electric water Pagent.

Mainly our Engagement celebration was so awesome last year, I can't imagine the Disneymoon being a let down :)

WDW&MK
08-26-2011, 06:42 AM
This was a number of years ago and it is still the one very magical moment that I remember from our honeymoon. We had a very late dinner at Coral Reef in Epcot and then after the dinner was over the park was closed and we wandered out to the bus stop practically with the park to ourselves. Epcot has the sparkly sidewalks that twinkle in the dark and it was very romantic.

iceicebritney
08-26-2011, 05:09 PM
:thanks: very much everyone for the wonderful ideas:mickey: I think the message I got from everyone is to slow down and enjoy the little things. I know we would be so happy to be able to enjoy "alone" time in the park after a late dinner or ride splash mountain ten times:mickey:

I really appreciate all of your responses and enjoyed hearing the things you remember most on your Disneymoons. Only a few more days for us and well be in our happy place:cloud9:

Mousemates
08-26-2011, 09:36 PM
I would "wear the pin" and likely "he bride and groom ears"....we got lots of little special bits of mouse magic last september and we were only doing an anniversary trip.

if the california grill is on your list of ADRS I would also suggest asking your waiter for directions to the lesser used viewing platform for wishes...we've had it almost to ourselves before, very romantic.

dougbrans
08-26-2011, 09:48 PM
We stayed at the Polly on our Honeymoon Oct 1885

I will never forget it, we had a great time!

One thing that sticks out is the Hoop Dee Doo

We couldn't believe how many Honeymooners were there the night we went
8 couples I think!

My wife got picked to go on stage and do the cancan dance :)

We are returning this November !

I can't wait:mickey:

brivers222
08-29-2011, 06:09 PM
We stayed at the Polly on our Honeymoon Oct 1885

You're quickly approaching your 130th wedding anniversary... are you celebrating that feat at Disney???

haha j/king, but it is a fun typo (i hope it is, or you need to share your secret!!)

dougbrans
09-02-2011, 08:41 PM
It only seems like that.

Actually it should read 1985:mickey:

January-2007
09-02-2011, 09:49 PM
On our Honeymoon we had a romantic dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe on our one week wedding anniversary. It was very special.

DH wore the "Just Married" pin the whole time and at MGM they gave me a free souvenir mug to congratulate us. It was so cool.

We also had shirts made with bride and groom Mickey and Minnie on them saying it was our Honeymoon. We're looking forward to wearing those shirts again this January for our 5 year wedding anniversary trip!