PDA

View Full Version : So, what has changed in the last 5 years?

PeachyGal
08-24-2011, 10:50 AM
We will be returning to the World on Sept. 9th. Our last trip was a short weekend in January 2007. Before that we were there every year. So what has changed? What do we need to add to our "must" do list that we may not have seen before?

We will be at Sports for the week and my sister-in-law and her family are at Movies. This will be my 8 year old niece's first trip. We have tickets for MNSSHP.

So what else do we need to know?

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-24-2011, 10:55 AM
DHS-Toy Story Mania and American Idol are new. Star Tours has recently been refurbed.

Epcot-Sum of all Thrills is new, Via Napoli restaurant is new and getting reviews and Spaceship Earth got a refurb I think in 2008.

Animal Kingdom-Finding Nemo show is new and Yak and Yeti restaurants are new additions.

Magic Kingdom-Space Mountain got a refurb, Haunted Mansion has new queue and a few other changes, Obama was added to Hall of Presidents and Toon Town is no more due to current renovations being made to Fantasyland.

cer
08-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Do not miss the Magic Memories and You castle show. It is projected on the castle right before Wishes. Also, they have brought back the Main Street Electric Parade.

The Enchanted Tiki Room is under "old management" as well. So you will want to check that out.

The Haunted Mansion and Winnie the Pooh attractions now have interactive queues which are also new.

Space Mountain has a new queue and new sounds along the track. The Tomorrowland Transit Authority (Peoplemover) also has a new dialogue.

Have a great trip!

cer
08-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Oh, I forgot! In Epcot, Germany has a new caramel shop! :thumbsup:

dreadpirateemily
08-24-2011, 11:40 AM
What's the Sum of All Thrills? I can't find it on the WDW site. Thanks!

caryrae
08-24-2011, 12:52 PM
What's the Sum of All Thrills? I can't find it on the WDW site. Thanks!

You can see here, http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/10/new-interactive-simulated-thrill-ride-opens-in-epcot-at-walt-disney-world/

dreadpirateemily
08-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks.. looks cool!

Aurora
08-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Do not miss the Magic Memories and You castle show. It is projected on the castle right before Wishes.

:ditto: Describing this show doesn't come close to doing it justice. It's amazing and beautiful.

teambricker04
08-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Kim Possible interactive spy missions at EPCOT. You sign up at a kiosk and get a Kimmunicator and help save the day... It's a ton of fun and angood way to get kids excited about learning from each country.

PeachyGal
08-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks for all the info! The Sum of All Thrills looks cool! Definitely going to make sure we do that one!