PDA

View Full Version : What did we do?

jpcns50
08-24-2011, 09:32 AM
So my wife and I are very interested (about 95% sure) in purchasing DVC. When we were in Disney at Christmas time, we went and took a tour, and sat down and talked to a salesman for a while.

When we returned home, I called with a few more questions that we had thought of after we left.....never got a return call.

So we let it go for a while and now we are very interested again. Someone I work with has DVC so they gave me the name of their agent, so I could at least get them credit. I called him Monday, spoke with him briefly, but he was about to go on a tour, and said he would call back within a few hours. As of right now, no return call.....:confused::confused::confused:

It is making this whole DVC experience a lot less enjoyable and makes us wonder what the customer service would be like once we did purchase....

Anyone have any thoughts on why they aren't returning our calls and do you find that once you purchase, it is easy to work with your agent??

WRWDisney
08-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Sounds like you have a "bum" agent. I'd call back and tell them that you are interested, had previously spoken with agent "X", but feel that he/she has not been responsive and you would like another agent.

DVC's member services staff has always been excellent (as far as I'm concerned). Don't let this experience turn you off.

Aurora
08-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Sorry you've had that experience. Just like anywhere, there are people who are responsive in their jobs, and those who aren't. I have heard about people who absolutely love their "guides" and those who are glad they don't have to rely on them regularly.

Your guide is the contact person for your purchase, so it's important that you find someone you are comfortable with (although you won't be communicating with them on any kind of regular basis when you're actually using your points; member services takes care of that).

There are plenty of people on these boards whose guides provide great customer service and who I'm sure will be happy to give you their names.

AHOTE
08-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Hard to believe that you aren't getting call back from your sales guide. Even though my work and financial situation has changed I still hear from my saleman at least every two months and I get a call once a year. She's been great! I bought in 2006.
Hope you are able to find someone there who can assist you.

sixshot19
08-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Give it another try, there are definately really great reps in the sales dept.

Once you are a member the reps that help you book your vacation will help you with things you didn't even know you needed help with.

Pooh Fan
08-25-2011, 02:12 PM
I purchased my points re-sale so didn't deal with their sales team but my experience with DVC staff has always been very positive. I'm hoping that you are experiencing the excetion and not the rule. I would also recommend that you check out the Intercot sponsor "Timeshare Store" if you are looking to buy. I found my dollar went much further there than with Disney direclty. Just be aware of the new rules/limitation being put on DVC resales. Timeshare store staff will fill you in but if you are planning to use this solely for Disney stays there really is no difference. Hope your experience improves. Stick with it. I''m so glad DW and I joined.:mickey:

seanyred
08-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Hard to believe that you aren't getting call back from your sales guide. Even though my work and financial situation has changed I still hear from my saleman at least every two months and I get a call once a year. She's been great! I bought in 2006.
Hope you are able to find someone there who can assist you.

Mine is very good as well. I get regular e-mails from her and the occasional phone call. I'd say a majority of the Guides are very good at their jobs. Just a shame there are a few bad ones out there.

jonahbear2006
08-26-2011, 12:53 AM
We went in for a second tour with the same person and I wont give you her name because I dont want to make her out to be a bad person but When we arrived she said, "oh hi, I remember you guys. So did you have questions?" We said, "no. we just wanted to take the tour again." She says, "Ok, so then why are you here?" Really? Why are we here. I had to explain that my inlaws were going to join in on the tour with us and that they might be interested in it. She then changed her tune. I am sorry if for one year, it is not affordable but even if you know the gig, you should still be allowed to tour and think about it again without being judged or talked down to in a way that suggests, dont waste my time on you. So far, I have not been impressed with DVC. One thing that my MIL and I both agree on is if we are IN WDW and we want to book our next DVC vacation, at that time, we would like a DVC CM to sit down with us and book it with us, face to face. I personally hate booking over the phone and I would love to have someone share an interest in where we stay and how we could best use our points to benefit our family and clear up any confusions for each individual trip and I believe that we pay enough for it to have this offered. Esp. since it appears that there are a lot of CMs hanging around the DVC at SS with not a lot to do.

dizknee531
09-05-2011, 10:40 PM
We have had the same rep since 1996 and she just retired. She would email us, send us mail and even call us while we wer on vacation to let us know she was there for us. it all worked because we bought 3 times! She gave us over to a new rep this year.. We'll see! we loved her and sent her a "Thank you" card when she reitired.Hope you can get a good one!:thumbsup: