PDA

View Full Version : CSR or POFQ

LittleRoosMommy
08-23-2011, 09:17 PM
I have CSR booked for a trip in Oct.... but, just saw that rooms w/ free dining have opened up at POFQ...

My dilemna is this... having never stayed at either property, which would you choose and why??

Any and all advice, pros/cons, are welcome!

Thanks!!!

darthmacho
08-24-2011, 07:18 AM
I've stayed at CSR and while staying at POR, have visited POFQ. If given the choice, I'd choose CSR, but the reasons would be personal and pertain to theming and liking a sit down restaurant at my home resort.

Honestly, I don't think you can make a bad choice. Both resorts are good. One advantage to POFQ is that it is smaller, with only one bus stop, but it often share busses with POR anyway. It also has a boat to Downtown Disney, which is handy when it is running.

Hope you have a great time whatever you choose! :mickey:

cajundisneyfreak
08-24-2011, 09:15 AM
I stayed at POFQ for the first time this past June and loved it.It is a smaller resort so you are close to everything(food court,lobby,pool,etc.).While I was there we never shared a bus with POR.It is a beautiful resort.I highly recommend it.Hope you have a magical stay at Disney !!!!! :mickey:

btharvey
08-24-2011, 09:54 AM
We've stayed at both CSR and POFQ and ... it depends. CSR is probably the largest moderate, with large Pepper Market (lots of choices) but also lots of bus stops and lots of walking, usually. Large themed pool and several quiet pools.

POFQ is probably the smallest moderate, with only one pool and no quiet pools. Small counter service with limited choices (compared to others), but it's also only 10 minute walk from POR, which has larger counter service selections, etc.

We never shared a bus with anyone at POFQ, and the boat to Downtown Disney was quite pleasant, as was the walk to Riverside. It was nice being close to everything. But CSR's pool is better, IMHO. Totally up to you. Theming might make the choice if you don't mind walking.

Next time we're probably going to splurge on a luxury (or stay at POR), just because we haven't, before.

Mousemates
08-24-2011, 10:01 AM
We chose POFQ for our next trip for three primary reasons.

1. We love taking the boat to Downtown Disney....very relaxing.

2.We enjoy the smaller resort size and not having the potential for a long hike to morning coffee.

3. The theming...especially for this next trip which will take place at NEw Years...what better place to spend the night than the French Quarter (Disney style).

LittleRoosMommy
08-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Thanks everyone!! I appreciate all of your thoughts/advice.... :mickey:

I originally wanted to book at POFQ, but it wasn't available w/ the Free Dining, so we booked at CSR. Last night, I was just checking things out on the WDW website, secretly trying to get DH to agree to splurge a little for WL:blush:, and found that POFQ was available w/ Free Dining!

I actually saved another $300!!!! So, I booked it! Did I mention that today was my 45 day mark?! I got it in at 9:59pm last night!!! :party:

So, we are now fully paid and ready to go!! :cloud9: Now I just have to keep the secret from DDs! Keep your fingers crossed that I can do that for another 6 weeks!! LOL