PDA

View Full Version : Captain Cooks breakfast?

McLiberal8
08-23-2011, 02:22 PM
I am staying at Pop in January, but would like to take the most advantage of my dining plan. Is it worth going to Captain Cooks for breakfast, instead of the Pop food court? I don't mind Everything Pop, but would love to try tonga toast, or get macadamia pineapple pancakes! Does anyone have opinions of Captain Cooks breakfast?

laprana
08-23-2011, 02:27 PM
I think it would be worth the trip one morning! Captain Cooks is one of my favorite CS places. They do have the same Tonga Toast there as they serve at Kona and it is DELICIOUS! I highly recommend it! :thumbsup: I don't think they have the pancakes you mentioned, though. I think that's just at Kona. But they do have other items, like a breakfast platter and Mickey waffles. It's a decent selection!

dizneydeb22
08-23-2011, 03:41 PM
We just returned from the Pop on Sunday! We did exactly what you are thinking about and boy are we glad that we did! The Tonga Toast is soooo good. We got an early start and took the monorail from the MK to the Poly and ate our breakfast while waiting for the opening ceremony at MK. Hope you have a fantastic trip!:mickey:

wickedgin
08-24-2011, 12:05 AM
I think it's definitely worth the trip at least once. :thumbsup:

mickeyman42
08-24-2011, 07:34 AM
this is exactly what we're doing also, heading to the world TOMORROW!! :mickey:

A Big Kid
08-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Our favorite breakfast in all of The World is Kona Cafe. Last January, my wife and I stayed at the Poly. Against our better judgement, we went to Captain Cook's instead of Kona on our "tonga toast day." Boy were we surprised. It was the exact same product on a paper plate for about $5 cheaper and no tip!

As an added bonus, we outside with a nice view of the resort and the water.