PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton Safari refurbishment

mason123
08-23-2011, 11:50 AM
We are staying at the Sheraton Safari in October and from what i have been reading on tripadvisor the hotel has started being done up. Does anyone know exactly which parts of the hotel are being done up currently, which buidings and what is exactly going on?

We use the hotel for the accomodation and transportation only and the odd drink in the bars and use the pools very doubtful the way i have been reading the reviews?

Regards mason123,

big blue and hairy
08-23-2011, 12:17 PM
We stayed there once, and boy does it need refurbishment! It was nothing like the website.

:sulley:

clausjo
08-23-2011, 01:45 PM
We stayed there once, and boy does it need refurbishment! It was nothing like the website.

Agreed, we were there about a year ago and it was good to put our heads, but that was about it. The kids did like the snake slide though.

disneykidsince1970
08-25-2011, 03:14 AM
My husband heard about the refurb and heard it was going to essentially have a water park built in/around it so he, not being a 1000% Disney fan, thought it might be worth a look.

I called the property and spoke with someone who said construction starts in the fall, one building at a time, and will go till end of next year. I didn't get her name and number - she could have been the night cleaning lady for all I know but... I imagine all staff know how to regurgitate the standard answer. :ack:

Bottom line for me: Skip it and head to the WORLD! :) whew! :thumbsup:

*but DH said the renderings looked very impressive and it should be Rockin' when it is done!

big blue and hairy
08-25-2011, 11:30 AM
The website made the rooms, lobby and pool area look very nice....not so much. I must say, that was the only hotel stay where I found a sign next to the door telling you to keep your door locked 24/7. :(

We won't be back.

:sulley:

mason123
08-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the info. We are now considering staying at the Staybridge Suites or maybe other hotels in the area.