PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please!!

grammy3
08-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Our Disney vacation is booked for October 1- 6, we decided to fly and chose to come in a day earlier and stay a day later(hate to miss out on any time in the parks). Do we need to book a value on property or stay offsite and deal with the transportation issues? Daughter and her family staying @ Poly and DH and I staying @POFQ so we would have to check-in three different times. I do not know which would be the less hassle. Taxi to hotel then taxi to Disney World, then reverse on last day OR ME to value, check out, resort , check out value, ME.
Sorry for the length of post but wanted to be clear on the options. Thank you for your advice.

Diane
Now Grammy to 5

TheVBs
08-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Forgive me if I've missed something, but why stay offsite or at another property? Couldn't you just book a room only for the first and last nights at POFQ? You would still have to go through the check in process three times, but at least it would be at one location.

grammy3
08-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Already checked that no availabilty for FQ either night! Trying to get by as inexpensively as possible. Poly for one night was too expensive for room only and also only available for the one first night.
Mostly questioning the transportation issues compared to check in/ check out issues.
Thanks for asking!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-22-2011, 09:05 PM
I would stay onsite. It is much easier to transfer between resorts at Disney than from an off-site resort.

Does POR have any rooms? If so, it might be the answer, especially for you, since it would be super simple to slip over to POFQ, check in and then hit the parks for the day, while Disney takes care of moving your luggage. The same could be done at the end of the stay in reverse.

If you book at a value, the nice thing again is that Disney will take care of moving your luggage, so you just have to slip over to the new resort, check-in and enjoy your day!