PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Villas Opinions

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
08-22-2011, 04:22 PM
My husband and I are looking into purchasing the DVC and taking his entire family to WDW next fall (10 adults and 2 children 12 & 8). My question is the resort. I believe we have narrowed it down to Boardwalk and Beach Club.

While Beach Club has an amazing pool (from what we read), Boardwalk is almost 100 less point for our stay.

What is everyone's opinion's of the two?

mickey_M_lvr
08-22-2011, 04:59 PM
If the pool is the only reason you would buy into the one.....don't you get to pool hop as a DVC member? Go with the cheaper and pool hop....at least that is what I would do.

floridamom
08-22-2011, 05:21 PM
I believe Stormalong Bay (BC/YC pool) is excluded from DVC pool-hopping privileges.

Basket Mommy
08-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Do you want to fit all of those people into a 3BR Villa? If so, then go with BWV. Beach Club doesn't have the Grand Villas. The largest they have is the 2BR.

And no, you cannot pool hop to Stormalong Bay, Animal Kingdom Lodge or Bay Lake Tower.

faline
08-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Are you saying you've narrowed your purchase down to those resorts? Or that you've narrowed down where you want to stay after your purchase, regardless of where you purchase?

jpcns50
08-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella is my DW and we are looking at purchasing into Animal Kingdom, but we have narrowed our options of where to stay down to Boardwalk and Beach Club.

We will be traveling with 11 people and are looking at doing a 2BR and a Studio ....

There will be two children one will be 12, the other 9...

We are not sure which is the better option, considering Boardwalk being way less points, but Beach Club having the great pool!

faline
08-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Especially if this is not your home resort, I'd make backup plans. These resorts are very popular during the food and wine festival (and at other times of year as well). I would not count on gettng exactly the accommodations you want in the time frame you want at these resorts.

greengeen
08-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Since you need both a villa and a studio, my guess is you would have a really hard time getting both at Beach Club Villas at the 7-month mark. This is the one thing sales guides don't want to tell you - getting a resort other than your home resort is NOT a sure bet. If your dates fall within Food & Wine, you may not be able to get Boardwalk either.

MinnieMommie
08-25-2011, 06:14 PM
If you think you might like to stay at one of the Epcot area resorts frequently you might like to consider BC and BWV along with AKL for purchase. You will have a better chance of getting a room(s) at the 11 month window than at the 7 month window. If you are considering the resale market, BWV can be found at a less per point amount than the others. However, the AKL contract runs longer (in years) than the other two.

jonahbear2006
08-26-2011, 12:55 AM
Each resort takes turns being the cheaper per point vs the more expensive. I say save the points, go to the cheaper one, and keep your eye out for the year that BC is the lower point value and go then. I believe next year it is cheaper. We looked at going to BC in january and we were suprised at the point value but i may be wrong.

logan115
09-12-2011, 08:23 AM
My husband and I are looking into purchasing the DVC and taking his entire family to WDW next fall (10 adults and 2 children 12 & 8). My question is the resort. I believe we have narrowed it down to Boardwalk and Beach Club.

While Beach Club has an amazing pool (from what we read), Boardwalk is almost 100 less point for our stay.

What is everyone's opinion's of the two?

Are you looking to purchase DVC points and deciding whether to buy BCV or BWV, or just looking to rent points for a single trip ?

Chris