PDA

View Full Version : on-line check in

mickey_M_lvr
08-22-2011, 01:24 PM
So I know there are a lot of you that use on-line check in....Tell me the pro's & con's to it. We will be checking in to POFQ in 25 days but wanted to know if it is worth doing on-line check in. We have never stayed at this resort before, but it is small enough I am sure we can figure it out.

Thanks for any advice given! :mickey:

PopPhan
08-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Online Check-In is great IF:

You have no questions to ask upon check-in
You will be satisfied with whatever room/building/view you are given
There are no changes to your plans

Otherwise, use the regular lines and/or 'concierge services' to make changes.

The way Online Check-In is SUPPOSED to work is:
Check in, online, 10 days prior to arrival
Room assignment is made 3 days prior to your arrival
You come in, pick up your packet, KTTW cards, etc.
Go to a park/your room (if available)/the pool/etc.

Spend about 5 minutes at the desk and go!!

TexansInNY
08-22-2011, 02:10 PM
That is the way it worked on our last visit - piece of cake - but granted all our requests were met so no issues with view, etc.

crltkcagle
08-22-2011, 08:59 PM
I love it! I requested my building via fax 3 days before check in. I got the buiding I requested with no problem. I walked straight up to the online check in told them my name showed them my id, then handed me a packet and I was on my way to the park! It beats standing in line, especially if you get there when everyone else does through magical express!

conan617
08-22-2011, 11:20 PM
Online Check-In is great IF:

You have no questions to ask upon check-in
You will be satisfied with whatever room/building/view you are given
There are no changes to your plans

Otherwise, use the regular lines and/or 'concierge services' to make changes.

This is a great help! I was planning to ask about upgrading when I checked in. Should I avoid the online Check in? Or can I use the Online check in and still inquire about upgrading when we arrive?

TammiMcMan
08-23-2011, 01:32 AM
This is a great help! I was planning to ask about upgrading when I checked in. Should I avoid the online Check in? Or can I use the Online check in and still inquire about upgrading when we arrive?The purpose of online check-in is to expedite the process. Your packet will already be prepared for you and it's basically grab and go in that line. If you need to make changes or want to pay the difference for an upgrade, then you should use the regular check-in option as that will take additional time.

mickey_M_lvr
08-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks everyone. I think we will do on line check in. We don't care what view we get and we have an ADR for 1pm. We will take our chances. I will let you know how it goes!

Thanks for all the advice! :rocks:

darthmacho
08-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks everyone. I think we will do on line check in. We don't care what view we get and we have an ADR for 1pm. We will take our chances. I will let you know how it goes!

Thanks for all the advice! :rocks:

I did online check-in last year, and it was so easy. I'm what they call a "worrier" that is always concerned something won't work out, but the online check-in for both flight and resort went smoothly. :mickey:

mdricks
08-23-2011, 11:45 AM
I have been warned by Debbie at MJ (blessings upon her for eternity!!) that if you have two rooms and you want them adjoining don’t use the online check in.

:number1:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
08-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Can you make any special requests during on-line check-in or is it better just to do it before your 10 day mark via the telephone?

brownie
08-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Can you make any special requests during on-line check-in or is it better just to do it before your 10 day mark via the telephone?

I would put your requests on your reservation when you make it. I believe you can make requests during the online check-in process but I haven't used it so I'm not sure about that.

TammiMcMan
08-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Can you make any special requests during on-line check-in or is it better just to do it before your 10 day mark via the telephone?You can make a few special requests, but they are very limited and the options are pre-selected, ie. pack and play, refrigerator, close to transportation. There's not an area on the form to type in specific requests.

Joeybun
08-26-2011, 11:04 AM
We did online check-in 2 years ago for POR. When we arrived there was no line for the regular check-ins, but quite a long one for the online check-in folks. I didn't wait in that line because I saw no need for it when several cast members were just standing around. The reason for doing online check in is to help with wait times, but maybe because so many are doing it, they get bogged down. I'm debating whether or not to do it again for our upcoming trip in 3 weeks. :mickey: