PDA

View Full Version : # 1 Bus Driver

elmjimmlm
08-22-2011, 09:26 AM
We have just returned from a very hot and tiring week from the World and I wanted to share an experience that we had...
We had a reservation at Ohana and after were visiting another resort before going back to ours...This was going to be a lot of back and forth with the buses and the monorail...We had to go from POR to MK to the Poly then back to MK to get to All Star Sports...When we were leaving Sports it was 10:45 pm and the bus for MK arrived...The driver asked if we knew that the park was closing and we said yes but had to go there to get our bus back to POR...He told us that we were going into a hornets nest over there and by seeing how many had gotten off this bus before we got on gave us a good indication of how long we were going to wait to catch another one...When we pulled into MK, the driver asked if we were going to FQ or Riverside...We told him Riverside and he said to stay seated that he was going to take us home...He pulled up to the Riverside stop and we didn't have to get off and we got to keep our seats and not have to stand...It was great!!! I was so glad that he did this for us...This was truly a bit of magic for us...This is why I love Disney World!!!:mickey:

BigRedDad
08-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Good for you on the bus driver. I would have personally taken a cab at that point. $10 isn't worth all of that hassle.

We have had similar experiences. We were on a bus all by ourselves to an ADR at Ohanas. He was on the way to the MK. He asked where we were going. He turned left and dropped us off at the Poly.

Disney Hungarian
08-22-2011, 10:06 AM
The CM's are the key to the magic. So glad you shared another awesome CM story. Love to hear them.

faline
08-22-2011, 10:47 AM
It's always nice to hear about Disney magic! Thanks for sharing!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-22-2011, 11:05 AM
That's great

floridamom
08-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Very nice. It's good to hear a positive transportation story!

conan617
08-22-2011, 10:50 PM
That is very cool to hear. I haven't been hearing too many great things about the bus system so this is a refreshing change.

Suz36
08-23-2011, 02:13 PM
That extra touch of magic is greatly appreciated when it's late at night and you're tired, isn't it? Thanks for sharing your great story!