PDA

View Full Version : Would AP be worth it?

Mickey's 4Walls
08-21-2011, 05:20 PM
I have a trip planned for Nov26-Dec3. Staying at a Deluxe resort- Would it be worth me to buy an annual pass to get the 30% off special that's being offered ...how does it work if I buy it also?
Can I call and apply it to my existing reservation?

BigRedDad
08-21-2011, 05:28 PM
To make a reservation, you do not need the AP. However, to check-in you will. You need to determine if it is the best value. Most people do not find an AP beneficial unless they spend more than 10 days at parks.

VWL Mom
08-21-2011, 05:37 PM
The AP discount for Deluxe resorts is 40% for the time you are going. If it is available I would think the savings would offset the cost to upgrade to 1 AP big time.

Strmchsr
08-21-2011, 06:52 PM
If you're talking just the 1 trip, you might find a "room only" discount that would be better than investing in an AP. In general, AP's are only good if you're going to be in the park 12+ days over 2 trips. The room only discount might not be quite as good as the AP, but you would still save over the cost of upgrading to APs if you're not doing a second trip.

greengeen
08-22-2011, 06:29 PM
AP discount availability for Nov-Dec is already thinning out... I booked (BC for Nov and BWV for Dec) when the discount first came out, and options that were available then are already gone. And you can't just apply the discount to an existing ressie; it has to be available for the resort, room category and dates that you want.