PDA

View Full Version : Nervous Dad's first Pre-trip report

conan617
08-20-2011, 11:29 PM
This is my first trip report of any kind so please bear with me. The "Nervous Dad" comes from the trip planning jitters I had about 6 months ago before I met all the wonderful and helpful Disney Lovers here on INTERCOT. Thanks to INTERCOT and Debbie with Magical Journeys we are ready to go!

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=179415

This is the first trip I have planned for the family. DW and I have been to WDW as children with our parents but this will be the kids first time and I think I was putting to much pressure on myself to make it "magical" for them.
Cast
Me - The Nervous Dad
DW
DS - 10 turning 11 during our trip
DD - 7

Day ONE - Travel Day - up at 3:30 AM for a 6AM flight - landing at MCO at 12:30. Plans are to rent a car and stop somewhere to get snacks and necessities before heading to AKL. After Check in - we'll check out the resort and pool before our ADR at BOMA. Then back to the pool and an early bed time for the big next day.

Day Two - Universal Islands of Adventure. Our family loves Harry Potter almost repeat almost as much as Disney so we are going to spend the day at Hogwarts.

Day Three - DS and DD love animals (hence our stay at AKL) so we are suprising them with a day at Discovery Cove and a dolphin swim.

Day Four - Sea World and maybe some shopping at the outlets later in the evening before some quality pool time.

Day Five - DS's 11th birthday! All day at MK with an ADR at Chef Mickey's for dinner and then back to MK for EMH.

Day Six - rest day with ADR at T-rex for early dinner (3pm was all I could book back at the 180 day mark). Shopping in DTD and miniature golf along with some pool time.

Day Seven - Back to MK all day and MNSSHP at night. Me and the kids have costumes, but DW is not in to it. We're still working on her though.

Day Eight - EPCOT all day with EMH late. Hoping to try the Kim Possible tour for the kids, but just playing it by ear.

Day Nine - DHS - I hope to try a PBJ milkshake at 50's primetime. DHS was MGM last time I was there so I'm sure that there is a lot of new things to see and do.

Day Ten - AK all day and the late show of HDDR. AK wasn't around for my last trip so this will be a brand new experience for all of us.

Day 11 - Travel home (flight times have changed 5 times since I booked) but right now We fly out of MCO at 1:30.

I can't thank everyone here enough for all the help and support! I was driving myself crazy trying to plan everything and I finally let Debbie with MJ help and everything has been a breeze since. The planning of the trip changed from stressful to fun in the blink of an eye. Our worries now are what kind snacks should we pack for the flight and how are we going to get all the goodies we buy home.

cer
08-21-2011, 08:28 AM
So very happy for you. It sounds like you have a great trip planned. While I had been to Disney World once before, the first time we went as a family was when I fell in love with it.

Have a Magical Trip.

Altair
08-21-2011, 08:54 AM
At SeaWorld be sure to arrive at the Clyde and Semore show 15 minutes early to catch the mime. Very funny stuff.:thumbsup:

Disney Hungarian
08-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Sounds like you've got a great trip planned. Have a magical time with your family!

SBETigg
08-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Good plan. You've factored in rest time. Not enough time in Disney parks for my liking, and I prefer park hopping- one park in the AM, another in the PM. But this is a workable plan especially since you're visiting other Orlando attractions and not spending all the time at WDW. I think you'll all love the Potter time and Discovery Cove will be an awesome surprise, so well worth it. Looking forward to your reports.

rkmemkc
08-21-2011, 02:13 PM
It sounds like a wonderful trip!! Relax and have a magical time with your family. Looking forward to the trip reports as well! :mickey:

faline
08-21-2011, 03:27 PM
You've got a wonderful trip planned! Enjoy!

hoop de do
08-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Be sure and take lots of pictures. Let us know how your magical trip was when you return.

Have a great one! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
08-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Looks like a wonderful trip is in store for you and your family. Enjoy each day and savor the time with your family.

Suz36
08-21-2011, 09:33 PM
I get goose bumps when I hear families are going for the first time! Have a magical trip - sounds like you've definitely done your homework, and I'm sure it will pay off with many happy memories!

conan617
08-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Good plan. You've factored in rest time. Not enough time in Disney parks for my liking.

I wanted the kids to see as much as we could this time so next trip we can focus on WDW:thumbsup:

Disney4us2
08-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Looks like you planned a great trip. You will love AKL. We are there right now. It is so cool seeing animals right outside our balcony.

Have a great trip,:mickey:

conan617
08-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Looks like you planned a great trip. You will love AKL. We are there right now. It is so cool seeing animals right outside our balcony.

Have a great trip,:mickey:

You're there right now?! How awesome! My kids love animals (especially a certain mouse) and they picked the resort. They are looking forward to seeing the animals and swimming in the pool.

conan617
08-23-2011, 12:03 AM
At SeaWorld be sure to arrive at the Clyde and Semore show 15 minutes early to catch the mime. Very funny stuff.:thumbsup:

The Mime is still there?! Fantastic! He was there when I went 20 years ago. The mime was hilarious and worthy of a show all his own. BTW I love your quote from Steven Wright. Here's one for you that seems to fit perfectly.
If you shoot at mimes, should you use a silencer?

mgmnut
08-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Sounds like a great plan to me! Plenty of activities and downtime planned. Have a great trip :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Hope you have a great time