PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Makers at POR?

Dawneeeey
08-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Hi!

Going to POR in about 3 weeks (22 days but who's counting? :thumbsup:). Hubby has to have his AM coffee and doesn't exactly love what Disney has to offer :ack:, so we're thinking about bringing our own. Also, depending on how far we are from the food court, he might not want to wait for that if we don't end up getting breakfast at the resort anyway.

So my question - are there coffee makers in the room?
If so - any idea what kind they are? Like do they need filters, etc?

Our options are to bring ground coffee or Instant, just wondering what to plan for.

Thank you in advance, I know someone has the answer!!

:mickey:

Itchy
08-20-2011, 05:46 PM
According to a web site that I looked at it stated that there is a 4 cup coffee maker with filters and coffee.

Hope this helps.:mickey:

crltkcagle
08-20-2011, 06:31 PM
They have the little 4 cup coffee makers. They supply you with coffee everyday too! Its a french roast and its pretty good. You can bring your own filters and coffee from home if your dh is picky. We will be there in 19 days!!! Can't wait!!!

texas211
08-20-2011, 06:34 PM
I forgot what they have, but have tried in the past to bring my own...

Long story short, bring you own maker or bring your own instant. Plus, i think Orlando water has something to do with it, as I noticed my coffee and tea (especially the tea) doesnt taste the same there.

I travel to disney and stay a week or so each time. But for work, i travel 3 weeks a month. Trust me, don't use the room coffee makers. I bring my own coffee cup. Stanley makes a great one that does a mediocre job at insulating, but doesn't leak and very durable. You can get a lowes.

I like to bring my own french press. They have travel ones you can buy.

darthmacho
08-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Stayed there last August, an was overjoyed to find the coffee maker, but truth be told, we barely used it. If we had time for coffee in the morning, I thought it was more fun to walk to River Mill and fill up my WDW refillable mug. :mickey:

Dawneeeey
08-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Thank you everyone!!!

He is really picky so I might just bring instant Starbucks (VIIA!) then I don't have to worry so much about filters.

We might do the refillable mug, but he hates Nescafe!! SO PICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Thank you all again for your responses!! It definitely helps. :thumbsup:

disneydeb
08-21-2011, 11:27 PM
YOu don't have to be picky to hate Nescafe! ;)

Have a great trip!