PDA

View Full Version : DME Stops for AS Sports

BigRedDad
08-20-2011, 12:43 PM
I have not been to the AS resorts. We are staying at AS Sports. I am wondering what route DME takes for AS Sports?

I know DME stops at 2-3 resorts. I figured since AS has 3 resorts, that is just one bus. The other reason I am trying to figure this out is we land at 10:30AM. If timing is correct, we will have checked in around noon. DD will need to eat lunch. I am trying to determine whether to get her something at the airport, at AS Sports, or if she could hold out for FTBBQ.

faline
08-20-2011, 02:21 PM
While it's possible that one bus will stop at all three resorts, that's not a given. It will depend upon the number of folks who arrive around the same time who are staying in your same general area. There are no set routes for magical express busses.

BigRedDad
08-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Thx...Nathan's hot dog at the airport then :mickey:

CleveRocks
08-20-2011, 09:19 PM
Yeh, do whatever you want at the airport after you arrive. On your arrival day, you aren't assigned to a specific bus at a specific time. You can show up at the DME area three hours after you land, if you really want to, and you'll be shown to the bus line for your resort. It makes no difference.

BigRedDad
08-21-2011, 08:20 AM
LOL :mickey: I am aware of the process. My plan is to get to AK as quickly as possible. Usually, the flights leave at 7-7:30AM. For some reason, SW has changed the time for the route to 8:30AM.

Not that it is a major issue. The 4:45P ADR at Boma is throwing a little hiccup. For me it is easy. I do not plan on eating until dinner. For DD, she will need to have something. If I wait until we get to AK she will not eat much at dinner.

I will get her something to eat in the stroller on the way down to DME and while waiting for the bus. I just know AS Sports will be the last stop of the DME bus unless they load all AS guests on to one or AKL is on it as well.

TinksGoofyMom
08-24-2011, 01:28 PM
We have stayed at moderates and deluxes in the past and have dropped off & picked up at the all stars. I can't remember exactly which ones but I think it had more to do with the location of the all stars being closer to the airport exit. We dropped off there 1st & picked up there last.

BigRedDad
08-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Thanks for all the info. I am just going to get my DD something at the airport. She can eat it in the stroller on the train, from B to A, the hike to DME, and the wait for the DME bus.

She can scarf down a hot dog well before then. I will not be eating. I am praying they have carved prime rib again at Boma. Otherwise, I will still enjoy it.