PDA

View Full Version : Cracks in concrete

goofy for pluto
08-20-2011, 10:36 AM
While watching you tube Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Pool Part 1. I couldn't help but notice how many cracks there seemed to be in the concrete around the pool area. While some of them may be part of the design, a lot of them look like real cracks. As this is one of the newest pool areas in WDW, this is not something I was expecting to see.

Aurora
08-20-2011, 10:56 AM
I don't know the answer to your question (my feeling is the cracks are probably there on purpose), but the video made me want to stay there for the first time! It's so beautiful!

seanyred
08-20-2011, 11:16 AM
I have stayed at Kidani (I also looked at the video, which is too shaky) Anyway as far as I remember the cracks are intentional to give the area the rustic look. This is one of the best pools of all of WDW

Pirate Granny
08-20-2011, 04:09 PM
I wasn't that impressed with this pool...great kids area, but very small and it sure was crowded in august, and water was WARM...

seanyred
08-20-2011, 05:38 PM
I wasn't that impressed with this pool...great kids area, but very small and it sure was crowded in august, and water was WARM...

I could see that. But when you travel in the off season it is very nice, plus I have two little ones that can use the water play area.

MNNHFLTX
08-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Take it from someone who has an unheated pool in the southern part of the country--there is no way for the water not to be warm when the temps are 90-100 degrees outside.

As far as the cracks, I'm sure that they have deliberately been put there to help promote the idea that this is an rustic African swimming hole. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
08-21-2011, 01:04 PM

When the temps are so high the water is going to be warm. My brother has a pool and sometimes he has to add bags of ice to the pool to cool it off when its warmer than he likes!

Mousemates
08-21-2011, 04:51 PM

We usually head down in December to January and a really warm pool would be super nice then.