PDA

View Full Version : WL or POFQ?

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
08-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Which would you pick and why?
Going to be me and my daughter for her HS graduation gift/trip in June next year.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Well, those are two nice choices and I like how both of them are set up where there is not a long walk to anything. If you can afford it, I would go with Wilderness Lodge. You only graduate once and it is a beautiful resort.

RedSoxFan
08-19-2011, 03:15 PM
I would pick WL too. It's beautiful. POFQ is nice too (although I do not like the looks of the purple/yellow bedding).

Jillirose
08-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Wilderness Lodge - great impact, good food, my kids left wanting to go back.

CajunDisneyDad
08-19-2011, 04:43 PM
I would have to agree with most in here... WL is better if nothing else... LOCATION TO MK lol :) We stayed there in July and had a wonderful time! Hope you guys have a great trip!

faline
08-19-2011, 06:22 PM
I've enjoyed both of these resorts but if I had to pick between the two, I'd select Wilderness Lodge. Lovely resort. Great location.

Briansmom
08-19-2011, 09:07 PM
POFQ is our 'home' at the World and we love, love, love it! :heart:

However, if money weren't an issue, WL it would be... :magic:

We've only 'visited' but it is beautiful and we have friends that stay there when they go and wouldn't stay any where else.

garymacd
08-19-2011, 09:18 PM
POFQ is our 'home' at the World and we love, love, love it! :heart:

However, if money weren't an issue, WL it would be... :magic:

Ditto.

Mousemates
08-19-2011, 10:35 PM
W.L. as an easy choice...transportation by boat to MK and CR (where you can hit the monorails), location, theming, great pool, good eateries.

however, on our next trip we will actually be a pofq...we simply won't pay WL rates during holiday season.

darthmacho
08-20-2011, 08:55 AM
WL is my favorite resort. Love POFQ and POR, but nothing matches WL. :mickey:

wdw538884
08-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Both are great resorts, WL is more like a regular hotel with interior hallways, which are narrow and can be a pain navigating in the am with the other guests and with housekeeping carts, while POFQ has immediate access to outside. Either way you'll have a great time:blush:

Gregandmel
08-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Those are the only 2 resorts my family has stayed at and we loved both of them!!! WL was for our "Once in a Lifetime" trip (yeah right...I was planning another trip 4 months later! ha ha) and POFQ was for our 2nd trip. Both of them had things we absolutely loved. The theming of WL is hard to beat and we had a courtyard view and it was fabulous!! We couldn't afford to stay there the 2nd time so we went with POFQ and we absolutely love the variety of things to do there (shared with POR, and we loved the boat rides to DTD). You can't go wrong with either one.....ENJOY!!:mickey:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
08-24-2011, 11:05 PM
We have decided on Wilderness Lodge. Thanks all! Of course this is still 290 days out, but daughter and I are already a bit excited. We'll celebrate her graduating HS a year early AND my birthday too. :mickey::party: