PDA

View Full Version : pofq ??'s

kevinsmom29
08-19-2011, 09:42 AM
staying at POFQ next week.... is there a refrigerator in the room? we have a river view, how far is that from the food court ??and from scats cat lounge?:marg:

wildernesslady
08-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Yes the rooms do have dorm sized refridgerators. All the rooms are close the food court/main building. It's a pretty compact resort. We enjoyed it there.

E-OR
08-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Our family has stayed at POFQ several times. This is our favorite moderate. All buildings are very close, just a couple minute walk, to everything, food court, front desk, boat to DTD, and pool. There is a lovely walking trail along the river to POR for their food, boats, and shopping. It only takes maybe 10 minutes to get there. We will be here again Sept/Oct and just counting the days. You will love it!

kevinsmom29
08-19-2011, 11:08 AM
thank you for the great info!! this resort seems to get really nice reviews...:thumbsup:

WDWCrazyKaren
08-19-2011, 11:38 AM
You will love POFQ. Our favorite resort in all the World. The new queen size beds are awesome, the new double sinks/vanities are great, the distance, no matter where you are in the resort is close to EVERYTHING. You will have a ball!

Mousemates
08-19-2011, 11:50 AM
a great resort...with queen beds even better...loved it enough to book a return trip over the holidays.

darthmacho
08-19-2011, 02:26 PM
I think you'll love POFQ. We stayed at POR but visited FQ for part of a day, used their pool (you're allowed) and ate at their food court. If you have the time, you can use POR's pool, eat there, or just take the boat over for a glimpse. :mickey:

CleveRocks
08-19-2011, 04:47 PM
The resort is pleasantly compact, so nothing is too far. But relatively speaking, the river view rooms are the farthest away from the food court and bus stops.

Briansmom
08-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Year before last we were upgraded to a river view room in Bldg 5 at the corner near the pool. It was a VERY SHORT distance to the food court. That was the best room we've had in the three times we've stayed there. Hoping to 'luck out' again in 39 days!! :cloud9:

You will LOVE POFQ! Even staying in bldg 7 as we did the first year we stayed there, it was not far at all. ENJOY!!

Tinkerbella16
08-22-2011, 11:42 PM
POFQ is my favorite WDW resort!! Yes, the rooms have small refrigerators. Scat Cats Lounge is in the main building where the lobby and foodcourt is. No matter what building you are in, you are pretty much close to everything since it is such a small resort. It is the smallest of the moderates and that is one reason why I love it there. You will not be disappointed! It is so peaceful there and the atmosphere is beautiful. I love the theming and the colors of the buildings. Enjoy the boat to DTD.. that is a nice relaxing ride. :mickey:

nqi2
08-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Just came back from staying at this resort on Sunday. We were in Builiding 1 of the South Quarter on the far corner. SO basically as far away from the food court as you can get it may have taken us 5 minutes to walk to the front. That's with a 7 & 4 Year old in tow.

This is THE BEST resort I have stayed at and would go back again in a heart beat. Everyone is so friendly and helpful here.

The one complaint I do have is that they don't have any cold sandwiches at the food court. They do have a salad bar but they were shut down @ 11 when we came home and my girls were hungry. Nothing was open even though they stated that they are open till Midnight.