PDA

View Full Version : World Showcase opening

K8screen
08-18-2011, 03:48 PM
This is a question I feel I should know the answer to after 6 visits, but somehow I dont. As WS opens 2 hours after FW, is there a rope drop when it opens, or is it possible to walk into WS earlier, but not use the attractions or shops till they open at 11? I know it is possible to enter through the International Gateway from 9am, but are you then herded back into FW?
The reason I ask is that I was thinking of starting our WS tour this time at American Adventure and working back towards FW, and wanted to be there for the first performance.

brivers222
08-18-2011, 03:52 PM
We did that last Oct when we had an Akershus reservation at 9:55am. Just walked right in and mingled a bit before we checked in... Was nice not having people there.

Melanie
08-18-2011, 03:55 PM
You can go only as far as Norway on the left side and as far as the International Gateway on the right. Nothing is really open though.

darthmacho
08-18-2011, 04:05 PM
We got as far as Norway for the Princess Breakfast too, and some of the ambiance was dampened a little as we passed Mexico and we saw active construction going on where La Hacienda is now. Oh, the joy of a screeching circular saw so early in the morning when you're hoping for the usual background music. :shake:

Another day, when we arrived at Mexico for the opening, we sort of milled about in front of the pyramid, and at 11, they had a brief opening ceremony, and we all piled in, or moved along.

mousetrapper
08-18-2011, 04:13 PM
I don't know the answer to this either because I've never been there that early I guess -- but what keeps you from walking all the way around? Is there a barrier/rope of some kind at Norway and International Gateway?

Melanie
08-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Is there a barrier/rope of some kind at Norway and International Gateway?

Yes, there are ropes (manned by CMs) right past Norway, and on the bridge that leads to France.

HoosierDisneyFan
08-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Rope drop at Bridge into France...

First to get a Strawberry Tart @ Boulangerie Patisserie!!!

:cloud9:

disneymom2000
08-18-2011, 11:20 PM
There is a rope drop but I can't say I have ever seen a large group like there is when you are there at opening for Future World. On my last visit, I explained to the CM that I had to pick up something at the German Pavalion before my connection with ME to the airport and I had to walk with assistance to get there so I couldn't rush and they were kind enough to let me through to wait for it to open. By the time I got to the shop I needed it was just opening so I was able to buy my souvenir and hurry (even walking slow) back to the hotel to meet ME.