PDA

View Full Version : Resort Pools

fanowalt
08-18-2011, 09:53 AM
What are the rules for people staying on property and swimming in pools at resorts other than the one you are in?In other words if you are staying at Pop can you swim at POFQ ?

Strmchsr
08-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Pool hopping is not allowed expect with sister resorts (like POR and POFQ) and with DVC members. So, with your specific example, you could not do that. If they allowed guests to pool hop it would cause all kinds of problems.

brad192
08-18-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm really surprised that Disney has not exploited this opportunity to make money.

Just like the "hopper" add-on, Disney could offer a "pool hopper" option to the MYW package, allowing a one-time visit to all resort pools. This would generate revenue, and control the amount of "hoppers" visiting any given pool as they could only visit that particular pool once during thier stay. What do you think?

(Please don't flame me for this, the marketing portion of my brain is asserting itself today!) :blush:

Tinkerbella16
08-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Not a bad idea.. but I think everyone or at least most guests would flock over to Beach Club and it would be veryyyy crowded, since it is already the most popular pool onsite. But who knows maybe most people wouldn't even want that option on their package. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
08-18-2011, 03:42 PM
I hope to never see a pool hopping option. I am sure most pools have a certain capacity that is fairly equal to the number of guests the resort can accomodate. I could see so many problems with this at some of the more popular pools. It would be so unfair to those who pay to stay at a certain resort have to deal with an almost always over crowded pool. At some point Disney would have to turn guests away, then you have the argument that the guest paid for something that is now being denied to them. Not a good idea, but that's just my opinion!

ThanxForNoticin
08-18-2011, 04:33 PM
I hope to never see a pool hopping option. I am sure most pools have a certain capacity that is fairly equal to the number of guests the resort can accomodate. I could see so many problems with this at some of the more popular pools. It would be so unfair to those who pay to stay at a certain resort have to deal with an almost always over crowded pool. At some point Disney would have to turn guests away, then you have the argument that the guest paid for something that is now being denied to them. Not a good idea, but that's just my opinion!

I think you hit the exact reasons they don't do it. I think it's more likely that they'd pull the pool-hopping privileges of the DVC members before they'd open it up to all Disney resort guests. Those pools can get pretty busy during the hot weather! The people staying at a particular resort should be able to enjoy the benefits of that resort.

jonahbear2006
08-18-2011, 05:10 PM
These are all good points however i think DVC members would be upset about this and also those staying grand floridian who are paying for the people at ASM to come over and spend the entire day mingling by their pool. Not to mention, overcrowding. How many people would actually hop to the moderates and the values where it is a significant walk to get to the pool areas. Theoretically, this sounds like a great idea, however, if they offered it, it seems like it could be more exclusive, like...if you room in a deluxe suite or concierge, a pool hopper is included in your package. I think that would be sufficient and might encourage those of us who do stay deluxe to splurge a little bit more on a room that might otherwise stay empty.

faline
08-18-2011, 06:06 PM
There was a time when Disney did allow pool hopping but that was many years ago. The number of folks who could possibly stay on Disney property during their vacation was limited due to the small number of resorts available. All the resorts were in Magic Kingdom area. There was only one park and there not the thousands of room available on-site that Disney now has. Back then, we would tent camp at Fort Wilderness and take a boat over to the Poly (Yes, you could take a boat directly to the Poly back then) or the Contemporary and use the pools. They were never crowded and it was a pleasant way to spend one of our vacation days. We would also spend time at River Country. Given all the resorts and room Disney World now has, it just would not be possible to return to this type of arrangement without overcrowding at certain pools. Those in the Magic Kingdom area would be mobbed as folks "hopped" over for some swim time before returning to the park. The same would be true at Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Epcot parks. Those resorts further away from the parks might be spared the crowding due to the length of time it would take to travel there from your park of the day.