PDA

View Full Version : Jet Blue

Jeri Lynn
08-18-2011, 06:59 AM
This is my first time flying Jet Blue out of Hartford and they've already changed our flight times twice. Is this normal.

We went from a 4:30pm departure to 3:45pm and now it is 2:30pm. My husband was hoping to work part of the day.

mgmnut
08-18-2011, 08:08 AM
I'm not sure about Jet Blue in particular but we just flew Delta and our flight times also changed going down and back. So, I would say yes it's becoming normal for flight times to change.

faline
08-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Most airlines change flight times frequently. If you don't like the changes that have been made, call JetBlue and see if you can get on another flight that meets your needs.

BugeyedMuggy
08-18-2011, 09:41 AM
When Jet Blue started out of BDL they were great. But this year they made us lose almost 2 days total with the changes on 2 trips. We are now trying to get SW if possible to avoid this.

LittleRoosMommy
08-18-2011, 09:46 AM
We are flying JetBlue in Oct. for our trip to WDW. Our flight time changed as well, affecting our ADR for that evening.

I called JetBlue, explained the situation, and they switched us to the early morning flight without question. This ended up being the flight that I had originally wanted on, but refused to pay the higher price for it!! Score for us!!

Not to mention, that they did not make us pay the difference in price either, no change fees, etc. The rep I spoke to told me that if they change your flight times by more than 30 min, they can change your flight without any fees.

If you are really unhappy about the change in your flight times, I would call them.... They were very accommodating and pleasant to speak to...

Hope everything works out for your trip!!

Daisy'sMom
08-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Some of my family are flying JetBlue out of Hartford in Sept. I hope they do not have a problem. Right now, their flight has not changed.:mickey:

VWL Mom
08-18-2011, 03:47 PM
One thing I've noticed with JetBlue is you do tend to get a schedule change if you book and then fly after a DST clock change. Out of Newark the first flight is 615A but after the clocks change it's 8A. Same for the return 715P in the summer 515P in the late fall.

BrerGnat
08-18-2011, 04:34 PM
We are flying Jet Blue to MCO in December and we were notified of a schedule change yesterday. It was less than 30 min on each flight, so no biggie. Most airlines do this nowadays.

Jeri Lynn
08-18-2011, 06:37 PM
I don't personally mind the change, but my DH had planned to work part of the day, he is using the last of his vacation days for this trip...so leaving at 4:30pm was good, now leaving at 2:30pm it's that much earlier and at this point I'm trying to convince him to take the entire day off, and in that case we could take the 6:30am flight and have the whole day at WDW!!

RedSoxFan
08-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Jet Blue changed our return flight too for November --- leaving an hour earlier.

disneymom2000
08-18-2011, 10:56 PM
I use to get frustrated with American. It seems like I got a notification every two weeks that they were changing some date in our flight. After changing to another airline I was ecstatic when all I ever got was a change or two here and there. Now I just come to expect it and if it doesn't happen it is just a bonus. Actually I am hoping that this trip they change by return flight a couple of hours later. :blush: