PDA

View Full Version : Eating gluten free at WDW

BigFatDaddy
08-18-2011, 12:00 AM
We're going to WDW in November. First time going since diagnosed with celiac disease. so I have to dine gluten free. I've heard that Disney is among the best at accommodating special dietary needs. Just curious what experiences anyone has had eating gluten free at the parks.

Strmchsr
08-18-2011, 07:53 AM
They are excellent. Make sure you note it on your ADR and they will take good care of you.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-18-2011, 08:13 AM
DTD has a store dedicated to gluten free sweets called Baby Cakes...just saw a list of their desserts the other day and they sound awesome

Joannelet
08-18-2011, 12:30 PM
It's the best place for you to be! They will have the chef come out and speak to you before every meal. (make sure it is on your reservation).
I know a few that have celiac and other food allergies and they were able to enjoy a lot of food. There is a list of quick service places that sell gluten free food....if you want I can PM that to you. Just let me know...unless you already have it.
My son has a gluten intolerance so his diet now consists of 75% gluten free and will be experiencing this in Oct. when we head to the parks. I figured this out during our trip there this past May when he had severe stomach pains to all the gluten he was eating :(
Let me know if you want the list of quick services with gluten free items....

Zeike
08-21-2011, 11:04 AM
We are going in november with 3 celiac people on our family. We have done some research and Disney seems to be the place to be vacationing with celiac. They have lots of choices and the celiac free bread at every counter service. Write the disney food division an e-mail and they will send you the latest info and what you need to know. Send a private to me and maybe I can share them.

Have a blast planning your vacation. Ed!

kstexasmom
08-23-2011, 07:39 PM
I would love a list of g-free counter places or if anyone has had a great experience in any of the park restaurants or Downtown Disney or Boardwalk area. :mickey:

ElenitaB
08-24-2011, 01:01 AM
Feel free to write to [email protected] and they will be able to answer your questions about dining gluten-free at WDW.

If you are dining at TS locations, note the request on your ADR. When you are seated, a chef will come out and talk to the affected person (yes, they will talk directly to the kids which is nice).

At a CS location, tell the cashier and they will call the manager out who will go over what is available.

mudpuppysmom
09-04-2011, 05:19 PM
When you contact Special Diets they will send you a document detailing what foods are what and where you can find them.

If you need to go further you can speak to the chef either before you arrive or as everyone suggested so far -- note it on your ADR and speak to the chef when you get there.

We are going the end of this month and two chefs have contacted me about our DS#2's intolerances/allergies so far and they have been more than accommodating ---and for a three year old no less!

WishesFan13
09-26-2011, 12:05 AM
The advice eveyone is given is right on. Note your resv, email them, and talk to the chef. I just wanted to add that Dh, Ds and I were down for a weekend in June, I needed to eat dairy free since I was nursing & DS has a dairy allergy, chef Brian at captain's grille at yacht club was great. We went for breakfast and he made dairy free gluten free pancakes that were awesome. I think they are probably the best pancakes I've ever had. Everyone says Disney is great but I really didn't know what I would be able to eat since eating out pretty much stopped at home & it seems some chefs do more then others, but I was really impressed. If you get the chance you may want to make an ADR for capt's grille.

BigFatDaddy
11-11-2011, 01:16 AM
Thank you for the info. We have our ADR's for our trip in 16 days. I e-mail back the form to special diets with our ADR's listed and when I made the ADR's I told the cast member also. Should be covered! We are also going to the Wished Dessert Buffet. Gluten free there too! Can hardly wait!