PDA

View Full Version : Poly Busses

Wolf
08-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Sorry but this will be a quick question (Cause I've snuck onto Intercot while at work:secret:) What kinda transportation does the Polynessian have for guests?
THx <3

iceicebritney
08-17-2011, 05:03 PM
That depends how you define "transportation" haha, jk... That was a Intercot podcast reference for anyone who also listens to the podcasts:mickey:

Monorail to MK (or boat)
Monorail to Epcot via T&TC
Bus to DHS, AK and BB

Here's where it gets tricky, DTD and TL are buses before 4pm, after that time you have to catch a bus from T&TC. This is sometimes a long wait, at least we have found not many continuous buses are running after 4pm.

CleveRocks
08-17-2011, 05:07 PM
To get to Magic Kingdom, you can take the monorail or take a small boat.

To get to Epcot, you can take the monorail the long way around to the Transportation & Ticket Center (which is adjacent to the Poly) and then switch to the Epcot monorail, OR you can walk to the TTC and take the direct Epcot monorail.

To get to Animal Kingdon, Disney's Hollywood Studios or Downtown Disney, you take a direct bus from Poly (each is a separate bus, it's not like there's one bus that goes to all 3). The Downtown Disney bus also goes to Typhoon Lagoon, and the Animal Kingdom bus also goes to Blizzard Beach.

Guests staying at any Disney owned-and-operated resort get free round-trip motorcoach transportation between Orlando International Airport and their resort. This is called Disney's Magical Express.

CleveRocks
08-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Here's where it gets tricky, DTD and TL are buses before 4pm, after that time you have to catch a bus from T&TC. This is sometimes a long wait, at least we have found not many continuous buses are running after 4pm.Is this something very VERY new? Because for years, there has never been a bus going between TTC and Downtown Disney.

iceicebritney
08-17-2011, 05:17 PM
There is no bus to T&TC, you have to walk over. We've done this our last two times at POLY.

A Big Kid
08-17-2011, 06:13 PM
There is no bus to T&TC, you have to walk over. We've done this our last two times at POLY.

From a lot of buildings, it is a shorter walk to the MK monorail at the TTC than it is to the GCH.

CleveRocks
08-17-2011, 08:55 PM

That's not what I was saying. Please re-read what I said. You are saying that there is a bus, after 4 p.m., between the TTC and Downtown Disney. I asked if this was a VERY new thing, because for many years there has not been a bus between the TTC and Downtown Disney

Goofy4TheWorld
08-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Here's where it gets tricky, DTD and TL are buses before 4pm, after that time you have to catch a bus from T&TC. This is sometimes a long wait, at least we have found not many continuous buses are running after 4pm.

I had read the exact opposite (no DTD bus UNTIL 4pm) preparing for my June 2010 trip, and it turned out there was a DTD bus both before and after 4pm for the Contemporary. There were no special rules for DTD that I observed.

Not sure why this keeps getting repeated if it isn't for-sure true? Maybe it is a seasonal thing?

Wolf
08-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Okay! Thanks yall! I don't think the DTD issue will be huge for us, I think we are just going down there later one night after a park night, is there a bus from the parks to DTD. We've never spent much time there (Also don't know how late it stays open if anyone knows off-hand) so we never did much planning for it, until the Vinylmation store came in we never cared much to go there.

iceicebritney
08-19-2011, 10:53 AM
We were told by the front desk that if we wanted to get to DTD, after we returned from the parks, on our last two trips to POLY that we would have to walk to T&TC to catch a bus. Which we did. The POLY wasn't the only resort we experienced this at. We also had to do this at the Wilderness Lodge twice.

If your not someone who goes to DTD, then it's not an issue. However, we are in our 20's and enjoy heading there in the evenings.

Goofy, you may be right, perhaps it is just a seasonal thing?

CleveRocks
08-20-2011, 10:30 AM
britney,
So you're telling us that when you stayed at Wilderness Lodge, if you wanted to get to Downtown Disney after 4 p.m. you had to take a bus or boat to Magic Kingdom or a boat to Contemporary, AND THEN take the monorail to the TTC, AND THEN take a bus from TTC to DTD?

I'm really thinking that you're mistaken. Unless you're talking about having done this like 10 years ago or so.

Because I assure you that there are no Disney Transport buses that directly transport guests between the theme parks (including the TTC) and Downtown Disney.

VWL Mom
08-20-2011, 11:14 AM
britney,
So you're telling us that when you stayed at Wilderness Lodge, if you wanted to get to Downtown Disney after 4 p.m. you had to take a bus or boat to Magic Kingdom or a boat to Contemporary, AND THEN take the monorail to the TTC, AND THEN take a bus from TTC to DTD?

Even hough we're not going to DTD this trip I am going to have to check it out next week. The bus ride from WL to DTD is long enough (stop at GF) without having to change. Can't imagine.

CleveRocks
08-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Even hough we're not going to DTD this trip I am going to have to check it out next week. The bus ride from WL to DTD is long enough (stop at GF) without having to change. Can't imagine.That'll be great! But do us all a favor ... DON'T ask any of the resort staff, ask any bus driver. The resort cast members aren't trained on the Disney Transport system and don't know it as well as we'd think they should. But ANY bus driver is going to to know all the routes and details and so on.

it just boggles my mind. I can't imagine Disney decided that Wilderness Lodge guests have to take 3 modes of transportation to get to and from Downtown Disney (that is, get from WL to either MK or Contemporary, then monorail from Contemporary or MK to the TTC, and then a supposed bus from the TTC to DTD). I mean, even if there is no bus from WL to DTD after 4 p.m. (which I still refuse to believe), it would be much quicker to have WL guests take the boat to Contemporary and then take the bus from Contemporary to DTD (it will stop at Poly along the way).

iceicebritney
08-22-2011, 04:15 PM
As i stated, That was out experience. Take it as you will.

VWL Mom, enjoy your trip:mickey: Regardless of the transportation situation, I'm sure you'll have a magical time!

PopPhan
08-23-2011, 10:15 AM
.. is there a bus from the parks to DTD. ...

There are no direct buses from any of the parks to DTD, nor are there any direct buses from DTD to any of the parks. You will need to go to the T&TC or to a resort to get a bus to DTD; or if coming from DTD, you will need to get a bus to a resort (I may be wrong, but I do not believe that there are even buses to the T&TC from DTD)

DisneyDINK
08-23-2011, 10:27 AM
In January I took evening busses from the Poly to and from DTD. When they implement a schedule change like that I wonder how they publicize it?

VWL Mom
08-24-2011, 07:53 AM
We ended up going to DTD last night. The bus route was WL/GF/DTD and took 40 minutes (no wheelchair loading which could add time) so leave yourself plenty of time.

The Poly bus is still running too. It shares with CR.

VWL Mom
08-24-2011, 07:55 AM
VWL Mom, enjoy your trip:mickey: Regardless of the transportation situation, I'm sure you'll have a magical time!

thank you :mickey:

CleveRocks
08-24-2011, 09:16 PM
We ended up going to DTD last night. The bus route was WL/GF/DTD and took 40 minutes (no wheelchair loading which could add time) so leave yourself plenty of time.

The Poly bus is still running too. It shares with CR.

Thank you very much for your report. I want to underline for everyone that iceicebritney's experience was truly one in a million. I say this with no disrespect to her in any way ... she is reporting her experience. But I don't want others to think they should expect a similar experience in the future. Unless there is some odd or extreme circumstance, guests at Wilderness Lodge can expect to take a bus from WL to DTD, and guests at Polynesian can expect to take a bus from Poly to DTD.

Moreover, guests should not expect to get a bus from DTD to the TTC.

CleveRocks
09-01-2011, 03:34 PM
We were told by the front desk that if we wanted to get to DTD, after we returned from the parks, on our last two trips to POLY that we would have to walk to T&TC to catch a bus. Which we did. The POLY wasn't the only resort we experienced this at. We also had to do this at the Wilderness Lodge twice.

Judging from a response you gave in another thread (on getting a hand-stamp before exiting a park), I'm now 100% certain that your experiences above are from at least 6 years ago or longer. I understand that that was your experience back at that time, but please understand that when people are asking questions about their upcoming trips, they need to rely on current information.