PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas - 40 Birthday Celebration

Dedivah
08-17-2011, 04:01 PM
My sister, Cousin, BFF and I are going on a girls trip to Vegas for my 40th Birthday.

This will be our first time there and we are curious as to what to do if you are not into gambling?

We are looking into some shows and of course the buffets but what else?

peterpan at heart
08-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Happy Birthday! I will be visiting Vegas in 3 weeks!
-Buffets- Check out the buffet at the Bellagio, very good and a huge variety.
-Shopping is incredible!
-Margaritaville is fun to hang out and have drinks and appetizers.
-Check out the roller coaster at NY NY (Manhatten express), the Stratosphere, zip line downtown is cool.
-Just go explore and find fun things to do.
-Try gambling (even if you are not into it) You may win the big one!!:thumbsup:

Have fun!!:thumbsup:

Celakip
08-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Take a trip out to Hoover Dam. It's incredible to see up close.:mickey:

luvdiznee
08-17-2011, 07:48 PM
We went to Vegas a few years ago (I swear it seems like yesterday) and we are non gamblers.

But we still had a good time. We went to the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay; had a good time at the Venetian doing shopping, riding the Gondulas and paid a visit to Madam Toussauds; we also went to the Magic Garden (Siegfried & Roy).

We were staying at the Luxor so we also went to their Museum and saw a documentary at their IMAX Theatre (not sure how much of those are there since the Luxor is changed now). But loved their Oasis Pool.

The best buffet we had was at Wynn. Very much worth it. Even for lunch, they had; flank steak, salmon, meatballs in marinara, lamb risotto and ribs. And even their "no sugar added" cake was delish!

Saw the Lion Exhibit at MGM and a concert there. We also took a bus tour to the Grand Canyon. It was beautiful!

We are planning to go back next Spring. Planning to do the Rio buffet (over 300 items), and visit Circus Circus for the kids as well as see Fremont Street.

Have a great time!

NJGIRL
08-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Read this thread. It gives alot of ideas for non -gamblers.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=176885

RAIDER
08-18-2011, 03:24 AM
First of all Happy Birthday

We went this June and were non gamblers as well and been a few times before that, here some ideas

The shows which are a must
Jersey Boys
Beatles "Love"
Cirque De Soliels O
Phantom of the Opera

To do
Nightime Helicopter ride over the strip
Grand Canyon
Black Canyon raft ride ( your not on rapids )
Madam Tussuads
Startosphere Tower
Paris Eiffel Tower

To Eat
Bellagio Buffet
Paris Buffet
Cheescake Factory in Caesars

Have a great time !!! :thumbsup::marg::beer:

Kenny1113
08-18-2011, 07:21 AM
I ,too , will recommend the buffet at the Wynn. We did the brunch buffet and it was amazing!!!!

Also the nightly shows (ie pirate show @ ti, water fountains at wynn and bellagio) a the various hotels are fun to see.

And clubbing galore!!!!! :)

NJGIRL
08-18-2011, 02:00 PM
The shows which are a must
Cirque De Soliels

To do
Grand Canyon

To Eat
Cheescake Factory in Caesars

Agreed! A Cirque Show is a must. Grand Canyon & Hoover Dam are a must see. If you can swing it I suggest a couple of days at the canyon. The Lux in the Venetian is a sister restaurant of the Cheesecake Factory and is very good.

cardinalsfan_98
08-18-2011, 02:17 PM
DW & I just returned from a trip in July and would HIGHLY recommend seeing Carrot Top at the Luxor. We were supposed to see Russell Brand, but the show was cancelled. We opted for Carrot Top and were not disappointed and plan on seeing him next year too.

As far as dining goes, we enjoyed the buffets at Treasure Island and The Mirage.

We also saw Celine Dion while we were there. If you would like to see a powerful performance, she is definately the one to see (we've seen her 3 times).

DisneyKim22
09-06-2011, 09:57 PM
I think there are as many ways to have a Vegas vacation as there are a Disney vacation. SO many options depending on what you like and don't like. I'm not a club person ....but I LOVE music! One of our favorite things to do is check out the many lounges with live bands. You still get to dance and have a great time, but often with a lower or zero cover charge. There is no shortage of options and you can usually find a live band that suits your mood or musical tastes.

The Bellagio buffet is awesome, and we've done that one many times. The last time we were there we tried the new one in Aria and loved it too.

Check out the many Vegas travel sites to see who is playing while you're there. There are always some wonderful shows or concerts!! Plus, if you find one of the long-running shows/exhibits (such as those at the Luxor for example), make sure you try out the discount ticket booths on the strip. We saved at least 50% on various exhibits and comedy shows. Just make sure you get there early to get the best options. Shows can be a bit prohibitive if you're on a budget, so these places do help (and they don't try to sell you on a timeshare).

Have a GREAT time!