PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor movies at POR?

We LOVE Disney
08-17-2011, 02:38 PM
My brother in law & sister in law stayed at POR recently and told us they watched an outdoor movie while there. Is this new? Where do they show it? Is there a movie schedule like at Ft. Wilderness?

Thanks! I am so excited about this :mickey:

Itchy
08-17-2011, 03:23 PM
I got this off of the unoffical Port Orleans Riverside web site.

06-Aug-11: Starting in Summer 2011, Port Orleans French Quarter began hosting three outdoor “Movie Under the Stars” screenings each week. As from August 2011, this has been extended to showing movies every night at 9pm — plus there is also now a similar offering over at Riverside at the same time. The French Quarter movies are shown in Beignet Square — the turfed area between buildings 4, 5 and 6 — while Riverside guests need to head over to the courtyard in front of Oak Manor (building 90).

Details are subject to change, and screenings can be cancelled due to poor weather, but the current resort activities schedule (which also includes daytime poolside activities and games) should be available from the Front Desk or Concierge Desk.

Hope this helps. I will be there in 17 days and will get to check it out.:mickey:

We LOVE Disney
08-17-2011, 06:12 PM

By the way......there's a POR website??

crltkcagle
08-17-2011, 08:36 PM
I am so happy you asked this. I just looked it up as well. I hope they are still doing it next month! That would be a great idea for the day we go to AK and the park closes at 5!

WDWCrazyKaren
08-18-2011, 08:03 AM
We stayed in POFQ in January and were able to watch a bit of Ratatouille from our window in our room in Building 6. They were the big inflatable screens. Pretty cool. It was a little loud in our room, but if we turned on our TV, we couldn't hear it. Remember, Disney does not expect anyone to be in their rooms resting or trying to sleep at 9:00PM!!!! :blush:

Man, are we getting old!