PDA

View Full Version : 10 year anniversary trip.... Pretrip report

mickey_M_lvr
08-17-2011, 11:23 AM
So this is my first Pre-Trip report so I promise to do my best… :mickey:

Cast includes:
Me, 34, Mom to 1, full time health care worker, part time student, all the time Disney lover
Hubs, 35, Dad to 1, full time computer guru, all time Star Wars lover(Who from time to time takes over my username here) :geek:

First ADULT trip to WDW since honeymoon almost 10 years ago

Dates: Sept 16th – 24th at Port Orleans French Quarter (a first for us)

Friday 16th: We are leaving at for the airport about 3:30am for a flight that is planned to depart at 6:05am. I am hoping to be waltzing on down to DME by no later than 9:30am. We have ADR’s for Rose & Crown about 1:00pm so we are hoping for smooth sailing through check in. Later that evening we are planning a nice dinner at 9 Dragons.

Saturday 17th: Up early over to DHS for a few rides on :yoda::darth: Star Tours 2.0 before heading to a late breakfast at ‘Ohana. After that we will be heading to AK for a safari trip and multiple Yeti encounters. We will close the park and head over to AKL for a dinner at Boma.

Sunday 18th: Up and out for breakfast at Kona Café. We are looking forward to trying Tonga toast. :D After we stuff ourselves we are headed to MK for a full day of magic. Dinner will be at Whispering Canyon Café, gotta love the antics. Then we head back over to MK for EMH until weeee hours of the morning.

Monday 19th: Up and over to DHS for more Star Tours and RNRC. We are hitting an early lunch at Sci-Fi diner. We might go back to the resort for a little rest, but we will be back for Fantasmic and dinner at Hollywood & Vine.

Tuesday 20th: Up early and over to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast with Alice. :hatter: I am the most excited about this character meal. I have heard mixed reviews but I am still optimistic. After that over to MK for a few more turns on BTM and POTC. We are will be attending MNSSHP tonight so we will probably take a break and get ready for the party. Dinner at Liberty Tree tavern before the party. :mpumpkin:

Wednesday 21st: This is our rest and shopping at DTD day. Of course I tried to get ressie’s for Chef Mickey’s but the only time they have was 7:30am. So I guess we will go have breakfast really early and take a nap.  We have ressie’s for Spirit of Aloha at 5:15 so I think we will head over a touch early for a Lapu Lapu.

Thursday 22nd: This day is kind of up in the air. We don’t have much planned but we will try to wing it. If we don’t get to Fantasmic earlier in the week we will head over there.

Friday 23rd: Up and over to EPCOT for breakfast at Norway. We plan to spend the whole day checking out all the little things you seem to pass up when you have a younger one in tow. Dinner is planned for Garden Grill. Both Character meals are new to us so…it should be an interesting day.

Saturday 24th: After breakfast we are planning to pack up and drop our bags off. We might hit a park or DTD again for last minute items we couldn’t live without. I know we will probably need to be on the 3:30pm DME back to the airport.

So I guess now all that’s left is to wait, pack, and hope for great weather. Thanks for reading!

yjgirl32
08-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Have a great trip!

cer
08-17-2011, 11:58 AM
We are going to take our first adult only trip to WDW, too! We have never taken a trip with just the two of us (other than a couple of long weekends) since we have been married. (16 years!)

I am excited to be able to see the Fall/Halloween decorations and we will be going to the MNSSHP and also going on the Segway tour at Epcot.

Your plans sound great.

Thank you for the report.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Sounds wonderful, we are trying 1900 Park Fare for breakfast for our next trip too....

faline
08-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Terrific plans! And...happy anniversary!! :marg:

teambricker04
08-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Have a fun trip! We'll be down at the same time :mickey: