PDA

View Full Version : Just back from awesome cruise..

waymickey
08-17-2011, 10:32 AM
We just finished our Dream cruise and it was great. Here are the good , the better and the great of the cruise.

Good: Food; it is just good not fantastic but there is a huge selectin and you are never hungry. The Adult activities; just good they need more for adults only that does not revolve around alcohol and costs more to participate. nassau I can do with out. Nothing but Atlantis there and it is a bit expense IMHO. Bingo costs too much and I was disappointed .

The Better- The shows were very good. Two new shows and both very good. Warning the believe show can make you cry.
The Ship is amazing!! It is huge and beautiful. However it had three broken glass panes around the top deck.
The Pools are great. I know there were some complaints abut the adults only section being small and shady but I found it to be great. Plenty of sun and the pool is small but it was fine. Veggie races is a must do! It is lots of fun.

The Great The Ship , Castaway Cay and the staff. All are tops.

We also had a surprise guest on board....Donny Osmond!! He was great. He participated in all activities as a regular guy. He went on the aqua duck with his kids waited in line ,sat on the deck watched fireworks and danced. He used the elevators and tram and even did a hour signing for the passengers. He truly is a nice guy.

More later!!

joonyer
08-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Sounds like fun! We are planning a "Dream" cruise in 2012.

sixshot19
08-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the info, we are booked in October. Did you try the aqua duck?

waymickey
08-17-2011, 06:06 PM
The Aqua duck was a lot of fun . I only rode it once because there is just so much to do and see . When we were at Nassau there were 4 other ships docked and everyone one of them was looking at the Dream and the Aqua duck. The Dream makes other ships look very bland and boring.

joanna71985
08-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the info! I'm booked for Feb 2012, and can't wait!

kevinsmom29
08-19-2011, 10:08 AM
thanks for the review waymickey...:D i am on the dream next week.... how were the lines for the aqua duck?? we are staying on the ship in nassau so hopefully the pool area wont be too crowded.... i was disappointed in hearing about the adult pool being too small, but your review made me feel better!!

waymickey
08-19-2011, 10:16 AM
We waited in line for the Aqua duck just 20 minutes. Lines are much shorter after the first day and at night. We also stayed on board in Nassau and enjoyed the Adult pool area and sun deck on deck 13. WarningDecks get extremely hot do not forget flip flops /sandals. DH burned his feet to point of blisters from walking on deck.