PDA

View Full Version : Battery Operated Fans

bucky at disney
08-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Do they sell hand held battery operated fans anywhere in the parks? I know they sell the ones with the water bottles - but I am looking for the fan only....

kakn7294
08-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Rainforest Cafe sells them but they have the same ones at Walmart (minus the Rainforest logo) for less than half the price. Our local Walmarts carry them in the sporting goods / camping section.

texas211
08-18-2011, 12:46 AM
Sporting goods/camping stores have a lot of useful items. I recommend a camelbak or geigerrig to stay cool. But i also saw this personal mist bottle. No fan, as you push a button to pressurize and spray a mist on you. Outstanding.

The geigerrig does what the camelbak and the mist bottle does in one.

catkrazy
08-31-2011, 06:00 PM
Best place to get them is Walmart, they have the small ones for like $2.00. In the summer they are usually up front by the registers. I always buy a bunch in different colors (blue, red, pink, green) and everyone in the family gets one. Has a hook for jeans or small enough to fit in small purse. Works great and people were asking about where I got them this last trip!

texas211
08-31-2011, 10:22 PM
I bought some at camping stores, and also at Bed Bath and Beyond.

B.O.B
09-01-2011, 09:35 AM
The type I bought at Wal-Mart about five years ago is my personal favorite. They have clear flexible plastic blades that fold if you put them away rather than the foam ones that break off. I haven't seem the ones with clear plastic in the stores but haven't been searching too hard as mine still work.

jonahbear2006
09-02-2011, 07:26 PM
We have never had any luck with any of these but i guess you get your money's worth the first time that you use them so who cares really.

GottaLvDisney
09-03-2011, 08:00 AM
I've been using the same two little fans that I bought for our first trip 4 years ago and as long as I change the batteries they work great. I bought them for a reasonable price at Walmart. I actually like the foam blades BC they go on my strollers and don't break if the kids grab them occasionally.

They go back into my "Disney" storage box after every trip.