PDA

View Full Version : Bounceback Offer Questions

barnaby
08-16-2011, 12:28 PM
We are going to WDW in August 2012, with plans to return in 2013. I'd like to take advantage of a bounceback offer (if available).
I had a couple questions:
1. Is there a typical bounceback offer?
2. Do you have to book at the same hotel you are currently staying in?

Thanks!

disneymom15
08-16-2011, 01:45 PM
1.There's not always a bounce back offer, if there isn't, ask at the front desk.
2. No restriction on booking at current resort.

iceicebritney
08-16-2011, 01:49 PM
They definitly arent a regular occurance:(. I certainly wish they were! We go every year at least once and I've only gotten a bounce back offer once while staying at a value in June/July.

Pirate Granny
08-16-2011, 05:25 PM
I've gotten a bounce back in Aug/Set EVERY time for the last six or so years...need to book and pay a one night deposit BEFORE you check out...they do confirm that you are currently staying at a Disney hotel...can book any available resort. Can also switch dates closer to trip, and still retain your bounce back...can also cancel and get a refund 60 day prior. Now that we purchased a DVC I don't think I'll be seeing bounce backs after this year. But I'm already looking forward to BCV for 2012 F&W...and SAB. Whoohoo:woohoo:

barnaby
08-18-2011, 09:11 PM
I've gotten a bounce back in Aug/Set EVERY time for the last six or so years

What were the discounts? Free dining? Room only?

disneymom2000
08-18-2011, 11:37 PM
Usually a discount on room rate. One time I remember it was as much as 40%. I am not sure if anything else is offered. But a guaranteed room discount is pretty awesome.

Buttercup
08-19-2011, 12:33 AM
Yep - I've seen the discounts for the past several years. Usually it's just listed on a little card in your hotel room - I seem to remember the past few times it was shaped like the White Rabbit's clock from Alice in Wonderland and it says something like "Time is Running Out"? Anyway, it lists on there how much you can save on your next trip (room only reservation).
I think Deluxes were 40% and Moderates 35% and Values were 30% but I can't be sure.

My only peeve was that when we travel early in the year, they don't allow you to make a bounceback deal for the following calendar year.
For example, we travelled in Jan/Feb 2011, but when I asked to bounceback in Jan/Feb 2012, they said it was too soon to book that far in advance (since the 2012 rates hadn't come out yet).

LVT
08-19-2011, 09:56 AM
We did it 2x so far. This year it was limited to select resorts in each category (deluxe, moderate, value) with the % off increased with each level. We did CSR for 35% off, just to try it. We drive and have days left at check-out just is case we want to do something not planned out a year in advance.

darthmacho
08-19-2011, 05:42 PM
They were offering 40% off when I was at POR in 2010, but I didn't bite, thinking it would be at least 2013 before we returned. I've been kicking myself for not taking the offer. I'm hoping they have a similar offer when we go in 2012, because if I could get 40% of on WL or AKL, I'd book another trip in a heartbeat for 2013! :mickey: