PDA

View Full Version : MK Counter Service... Pecos' or Cosmic Rays?

Kairi_7378
08-15-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm finalizing my trip plan and I'm trying to decide where to eat while we're in the Magic Kingdom. We will defiantly eat at Columbia Harbor House for one meal. However, I am trying to decide between Pecos' Bills and Cosmic Ray's for the other meal. DH likes Pecos' for sentimental reasons but I wasn't over impressed with it the last time we were there. Everyone gives great reviews about Cosmic Rays but the layout seemed a little confusing to me. Which do you prefer and why?

darthmacho
08-15-2011, 11:47 PM
I voted for Cosmic Ray's. They're both pretty good, but I've had a good meal at Ray's four straight trips, while I had an excellent meal at Pecos in 2003, but a not-so-decent experience there in 2010. In defense of Pecos Bill Cafe, it was more the crowd and circumstances than the food or service. While Pecos has good burgers, but Ray's has more variety.

Tink#64
08-15-2011, 11:55 PM
We like Cosmic Ray's for the choices, the wraps are great! We also like the cute show there with Sonny Eclipse the lounge lizard or whatever you'd call him!

I also have to suggest Tortuga Tavern, new for us this year, across from POTC, formerly El Pirata y el Perico :thumbsup::thumbsup:! We all had taco salads & they were yummy! We got 2 beef & 2 chicken, you receive the shell with the meat & go to the fixins bar - just like Peco's Bill's, to fill how you like! What a nice change of pace! :thumbsup:

Dragongirlx
08-16-2011, 03:53 AM
Much prefer Cosmic Rays. I have never had a bad meal there and love Sonny Eclipse.
The times I have eaten at Pecos Bills the food hasn't been that great and the atmosphere was horrible with people fighting for tables and not understanding the self service kiosks

DisneyFr33k
08-16-2011, 07:11 AM
If I had to pick between the two, I guess Cosmic Rays. But my hands down favorite counter service is Columbia Harbour House. The best, most relaxing counter service meal we've had. Upstairs is so quiet and the food reallly good.

biodtl
08-16-2011, 09:27 AM
I like them both, but I'd have to give Cosmic Ray's the edge for variety (and Sonny Eclispe). My biggest issue with Cosmic Rays is that my family usually all want something different, so we have to navigate the different lines while holding trays and wrangling kids.

AgentC
08-16-2011, 09:44 AM
I prefer Cosmic Ray's because I have picky eaters who can't agree. Cosmic Ray's has something for everyone.

I also always seem to have better luck getting a table at Ray's.

BelleBeauty
08-16-2011, 09:51 AM
I like them both at different times. If you are on the DDP, I think that Cosmic Ray's will give you a better value. There are also healthier options there and more variety to please everyone. However, you may just want to "fly by the seat of your pants." If you are near Frontierland at lunch, eat at Pecos. If you are all the way in Tomorrowland go to Cosmic Rays!

joonyer
08-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Hard Choice. I love the fixin's bar at Pecos Bill's, although they have one at Cosmic Ray's also. If I could only choose one place it would be Cosmic Ray's, because of the more varied menu. Something for everybody in the family. You do have to know what you're doing when you order there, though. It can be a little confusing on the first visit. DW and I like to share the Chicken Caesar Salad there.

lawgirl
08-16-2011, 04:07 PM
I've never enjoyed Pecos...it seems there are always people fighting over tables, and the staff there has been rude on countless times. I don't know what it is about the place, but I just don't care for it.

On the other hand, we've always loved Cosmic Rays...its witty and seems alot roomier.

snowflakegirl
08-16-2011, 08:06 PM
I enjoy both (although I haven't been to Peco Bills since 2004, so I don't have a current opinion on the place), but if I have to choose, I will always choose Cosmic Ray's. I have a sentimental love of Sonny Eclipse, my dad loves the corny jokiness of it, so it reminds me of visiting with my family. I also like the greater variety of choices (although I always end up with a burger to take advantage of the awesome fixin's bar).

GBBT
08-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Pecos took away the BBQ sauce and there's nothing like grilled onions and BBQ sauce on the burger....and the show at Cosmic Ray's is too die for!!!:thumbsup:

iceicebritney
08-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Cosmic rays gets my vote for it's varied offerings:thumbsup:

teambricker04
08-17-2011, 05:34 PM
For some reason I feel like Pecos is dark...

We love Cosmic Rays... For the ambiance and the food!

Kenny1113
08-18-2011, 07:43 AM
I guess I'm in the minority, but I went with pecos because every tine I have been to cosmic rays it has been crowded. :crowd: and as a pp mentioned my family also usually likes something different as well so we have to battle crowds and wait in two or three different lines to order. :(

LudwigVonDrake
08-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Cosmic Ray's has a bigger selection plus it's got the musical stylings of Sunny Eclipse :mickey:

crltkcagle
08-26-2011, 11:10 PM
That's a hard one but I had to pick Pecos! I do love my alien friend at Cosmic Ray's though!

Mousemates
08-27-2011, 12:19 AM
cosmic rays.....for the variety.