PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom Resort Pools

ekatz
08-15-2011, 09:08 PM
When i was a kid (in the eighties), you could effectively pool-hop. It wasn't advertised or encouraged, but there wasn't anything stopping you from using the pool at another hotel. I understand that these days you are not 'supposed' to do this, but is pool use strictly enforced. The reason i ask is that given my kids ages (3.5, 1.5 yrs), CR and BLT pools/playgrounds would be best for them, but there is little to no inventory at those hotels the week we can go (last minute trip this nov), so we are planning on staying at the GF or poly. we won't be using the pool that much anyway, but i am wondering if you can use other hotel pools..or is it a keycard entrance or is there some other way they restrict usage.

understanding that no one wants to advise me to break the rules..but just wondering about your 'opinion.'

thanks,
liz

Figaro
08-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Just a note...BLT pool requires key card entry to get into any of the gates, which is meant to stop pool hopping. Even CMs working around the pool have to have key cards.

Melanie
08-15-2011, 09:48 PM
understanding that no one wants to advise me to break the rules..but just wondering about your 'opinion.'

Not only that, but it is against INTERCOT rules to discuss breaking the rules or ways to get around the system. That said, I realize you're curious and not malicious in your intent. But, no, unless you are a DVC member, pool hopping is not allowed. Exceptions are to sister resorts such as Port Orleans or the All Stars.