PDA

View Full Version : Going solo, No park tickets

sara114
08-15-2011, 05:34 PM
I am a married middle age lady, who does not drink, but wants to get away from "life" for a well deserved break. Planning on 2 nights at CS before going on 4 night Disney Cruise. I had dining reservations, but cancelled them all this week. (didn't want to have scheduled timeline to follow) What I am interested in is this:
where are my best chances of getting walk up seating for meals? Since planning the cruise also, not wanting to spend large amt of money on meal. I will just eat on the boat ! I don't like seafood of any kind. Also has anyone been to the dine in theater at DTD ?

McLiberal8
08-15-2011, 06:37 PM
I went solo last September and I loved it! You're going to have a blast!
It was pretty easy to get a table wherever I went - a good tip, if they don't have any tables available and they have a bar, ask if they can seat you at the bar and you can eat your food there. It's also a great way to meet people, and you can usually chat with the bartender during your meal!
I did walk-ups to Sci Fi Drive In, Rose and Crown, and Le Chefs de France. All were very accommodating and had a 10 minute wait, at the most.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see that you had no park tickets! Same tips go for the resort restaurants, though. Have fun exploring the resorts!

faline
08-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Without park tickets, you'll be limited to visiting the resorts and/or Downtown Disney. Earl of Sandwich is an inexpensive, but quite good option in Downtown Disney. You can eat at the bar at The Wave or California Grill. There is a lounge area outside Jiko where you can eat from the Jiko menu. We've also made meals from appetizers served in some of the lounges. You also have the option of visiting any of the quick service locations at the resorts.

Katzateer
08-15-2011, 09:23 PM
My favorite solo trip places to eat outside the parks are

Kona
beaches and Cream
Earl of Sandwich

sara114
08-15-2011, 09:31 PM
What time does Kona open for breakfast?
How do I get there from CS?

McLiberal8
08-16-2011, 02:55 AM
They open at 7:30 - the best way to get there is probably to hitch a bus to MK and take the monorail to Poly.

LVT
08-16-2011, 02:26 PM
That sounds like fun. I would roam the monorail resorts and get small amounts of food as needed.( Bus to EPCOT and monorails thereafter.)
Downtown disney has lots of food options.
All of the Resorts have some kind of food options, so you can study and then roam around or explore without preconceived ideas.

disney obsessed
08-17-2011, 09:19 AM
My favorite is to visit the Animal Kingdom Lodge. You can have a short trip to the "zoo", a cultral immersion and a great chicken cesear at the Mara.:cloud9:

Pooh Fan
08-17-2011, 03:46 PM
I did a solo trip in Sep '09 and am doing another one this Sep. I had DDP last time and wished at times that I did not for the exact reason you stated. I didn't like at time having to get myself to a specific place at a certain time. That is a big part of what I wanted to avoid by going alone. I will not be using DDP this trip and plan to grab a bite wherever I happen to be. Hoping that I might also happen upon places I have not experienced before.
I"m also interested to hear any comments/reviews of the dine in theatre in DTD. I'm a real movie lover and am considering trying it out in Sep. 1 month to go!

Daisy'sMom
08-17-2011, 06:12 PM
I had the best time when I needed a family break last year. I saw things I never would have seen with DH or kids. There was not one thing I didn't enjoy, but I did not eat at any table service restaurant. I did alot of snacking and sitting on benches watching people. At night I would take my kindle and go out to the pool. It was wonderful. I know I did not answer your question, but have a great time.:mickey: