PDA

View Full Version : wifi in the parks

motherof4
08-15-2011, 02:15 PM
do they have wifi in the parks

Melanie
08-15-2011, 02:16 PM
No, there is no Wi-Fi in the parks.

Using a smart phone would be your only option for internet usage.

BrerGnat
08-15-2011, 04:28 PM
No, there is no Wi-Fi in the parks.

Using a smart phone would be your only option for internet usage.

Not totally true.

There is wifi in a couple spots in the parks. It's spotty, but it's often available. I connected to the network (no password required) from these three spots as recently as May.

In MK:
Right outside City Hall. You'll get the signal for wifi if you are around the steps of the building, but not much further beyond.

In Epcot:
Innoventions East
Lotus Blossom Cafe

Using a smart phone is a better option, though. Usually, your network will allow faster connection speed than what the Disney wi-fi offers.

Melanie
08-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Never heard of Wi-Fi availability for guests.

Definitely sounds like more trouble than it's worth. My battery would be gone in twice the time if it's spotty coverage. Thank goodness for my 3G!

Bay Lake
08-15-2011, 04:47 PM
The last time I was Down in 2010 a CM told to go anywhere in Innoventions to pick up a "hot spot" i needed to download something on my phone that required WIFI. It worked.

PirateLover
08-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Didn't they make a big to do some years back about having wi-fi hotspots for the Nintendo DS?

BrerGnat
08-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Never heard of Wi-Fi availability for guests.

Definitely sounds like more trouble than it's worth. My battery would be gone in twice the time if it's spotty coverage. Thank goodness for my 3G!

I agree. I only used it to see if it worked. I had heard of a few hit spots in the parks. Most were bogus, but those three worked.