PDA

View Full Version : Pirate-themed Rooms -- CBR

MrPeetrie
08-14-2011, 04:33 PM
So I just upgraded my resort reservations to take advantage of the AP discount. (I had been asleep at the wheel and didn't realize they were out for five days!)

Originally, I had my reservations at Coronado Springs. But, when I called to get the AP rate, all the discounted rooms were gone at CR. Same at POR and POFQ. Walt Disney Reservations did have AP discounted rooms at the CBR, but only the Pirate-themed rooms. I took advantage of that. My question is: is this a good thing? I'm afraid they may only be located in Trinidad South, which means I will be far away from everything. If anyone has stayed in one of these themed rooms, I'd be grateful to hear your input.

Thanks!

Strmchsr
08-14-2011, 05:23 PM
You are correct in that the pirate-themed rooms are all about as far away from the main building as possible. They're a lot of fun, but you'll definitely need to use the transportation if you want to go to the food court.

buzznwoodysmom
08-14-2011, 08:25 PM
We have stayed in the pirate themed rooms twice and they are indeed in the farthest section from the food court and pool. However, we never thought it was such a bad walk. We walked to the pool and food court from our room everyday and even the kids didn't mind. The distance never bothered us, but if you don't like walking then you may not be happy there.

kevinsmom29
08-17-2011, 10:53 AM
we stayed in the pirate room and did not find the walk to be bad at all... we loved the decor and my DS is 16 and even thought it was cool...