PDA

View Full Version : Little League World Series

ftwildernesskid
08-14-2011, 01:43 PM
I am so excited!!! Our local little league team has made it to the Little League World Series after winning the Great Lakes Regional tournament in Indianapolis yesterday! I live in a small town about 20 minutes from Louisville, Ky called Lagrange. My boys both grew up at this park, and my daughter currently plays softball there. It's about a mile and a half from my house. My younger son is a year older than the boys who won, and is friends with them all. We know all the parents and families of the players. I'm just so proud and excited for our boys. It is so amazing to think of kids from our small town doing this. They've already been on ESPN for the regional tournament, and they were on Sports Center last night. They are all handling all this attention with such poise. :mickey: Our first game is Friday. Whether you cheer for us or not, the LLWS is great to watch. Go North Oldham (Great Lakes Region)!!!!!

Jillirose
08-14-2011, 06:48 PM
That's so exciting! It's a time you all will remember = we will be watching and rooting for North Oldham :mickey:

Melanie
08-14-2011, 07:54 PM
We love watching the LLWS. My sons have been glued to the TV so far this year. We were sad to see the team from Tampa lose, but we'll still be tuning in. Congrats to your local team - that is indeed very exciting! :bball:

VWL Mom
08-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Congrats & Good luck to North Oldham! Quite an accomplishment.

We love to watch LLWS, felt sorry for them being rained out today. Also feel bad for the team from Uganada that couldn't get their visas approved these year. They looked so disappointed.

The Reservoir Dog
08-16-2011, 02:59 AM
Have watched some of this the last couple of years here in the UK on ESPN America and always enjoyed it.

I have checked the schedules and believe it or not the live game on Friday 18 will be Great Lakes v Mid Atlantic!!!! :)

It will be nice to follow a team this year.

Go North Oldham! :number1:

Greenlawler
08-17-2011, 12:14 AM
I am so excited!!! Our local little league team has made it to the Little League World Series after winning the Great Lakes Regional tournament in Indianapolis yesterday! I live in a small town about 20 minutes from Louisville, Ky called Lagrange. My boys both grew up at this park, and my daughter currently plays softball there. It's about a mile and a half from my house. My younger son is a year older than the boys who won, and is friends with them all. We know all the parents and families of the players. I'm just so proud and excited for our boys. It is so amazing to think of kids from our small town doing this. They've already been on ESPN for the regional tournament, and they were on Sports Center last night. They are all handling all this attention with such poise. :mickey: Our first game is Friday. Whether you cheer for us or not, the LLWS is great to watch. Go North Oldham (Great Lakes Region)!!!!!

Fun news...will be rooting for the boys from up there.
Two years ago the little town I lived in for years in Kentucky sent its kids to Omaha, the Russellville, Kentucky team. It was fun seeing kids you watched grow up on ESPN.

Renfairwedding
08-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Congrats!!!
Our local boys the Keystones from Clinton County Pennsylvania will be there to.

VWL Mom
08-17-2011, 08:34 AM
Congrats!!!
Our local boys the Keystones from Clinton County Pennsylvania will be there to.

Looks like Friday's game will be ftwildernesskid's North Oldham against renfairwedding's Keystones.
An intercot showdown!

Good luck to both teams

indytraveler
08-18-2011, 08:04 AM
I enjoy watching the LLWS, and being from the GL region I always root for that team. Good Luck to North Oldham. (Also partial to the NO logo and colors)

ftwildernesskid
08-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Woo hoo! We won our first game! It was a great one against Pennsylvania. @e play again $unday at 6. This is so much fun!

Disney Hungarian
08-19-2011, 11:46 PM
:congrats: