PDA

View Full Version : Early November?

divinedi
08-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Okay, so I'd forgotten about the Halloween parties, what's it like early November, anywhere from the 2nd to the 15th or so? Thanks for your input, all is appreciated!!

VWL Mom
08-13-2011, 02:26 PM
The crowds in the first week November are usually very manageable IMO. This year they may be slightly lower the first week and a bit heavier the second week because you have Veteran's day, Jersey Week and the end of F&W all on the same weekend. Hopefully, they'll still be okay.

Weather wise, totally unpredictable. One year was so hot and humid it felt like August and one was so cold the store in Norway sold out of gloves. Generally though, it's been comfortable during the day with a light jacket at night.

divinedi
08-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Thank you! So your Veteran's Day is our Remembrance Day, Nov. 11, and the end of the F & W Festival is on the 13th, which is the Sunday. I'm not familiar with Jersey Week, though, what is that?

divinedi
08-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Also, what about Pop Warner this year, does anyone know when that is? My birthday is on Dec. 11, so that is an option too....never been on my birthday and it will be, gulp, my 55th this year!

Strmchsr
08-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Jersey Week is the fall break for New Jersey schools, and some others in that area, and it seems like everyone in New Jersey goes to WDW that week.

Pop Warner is the week of December 4. Most teams arrive around the 4th and stay through the following weekend (Dec 10-11).

As for weather, as noted it can be unpredictable, but it's generally okay in early November. Things get a little crazier later in November and December. Check the Info Central historic weather page for exact conditions on the dates you are considering.

The final thing to keep in mind is that both dates you are considering fall under the current "free" dining promotion and are well under their 180 day ADR timeframe so getting restaurants may prove difficult.

divinedi
08-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks Chris! So when does Jersey week start? and not to worry about ADR's, I usually do CS anyway.

Strmchsr
08-13-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm not 100% sure about Jersey week this time, but I think it begins Nov 10. Hopefully someone can tell you for sure.

faline
08-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Looks like New Jersey school are closed November 8th, 10th, and 11th. I can't imagine lots of parent would be worried about kids missing that one day in the middle (the 9th)!

Daisy'sMom
08-13-2011, 06:07 PM
The perfect time is the week before Thanksgiving week. We love to go then.:mickey:

Tinkerbella16
08-14-2011, 12:12 AM
The only time we go to WDW is the first or second week of November.. the crowds are low and the weather is usually beautiful.. Cool in the morning, warm in the afternoon and cool at night so you can dress comfortably. A few years ago it was hotter than usual though but nothing like the summer months at all. Its our favorite time to go.. we leave just in time for the huge crowds coming in for Thanksgiving Week.

The first full week of November is Jersey Week.. its not super crowded at all like some people think.. you will just see more people from NJ are there at that time because schools are off for teachers conventions. When I was still in school my parents used to take us that week every year.. Now that I'm out of school we go the 2nd week. They have been doing the free dining promotion in November the past few years now, so more people visit early November than they used to years ago... that still doesn't mean the parks will be crowded, just the restaurants. Just look out for the end of the second week.. that weekend you will notice more and more people pouring in for Thanksgiving week.. wait times for rides go from 5 minutes all week to 100 minutes that friday/saturday!! :mickey:

NJGIRL
08-14-2011, 11:14 AM
We went the first week in November last year. It was much colder than I expected and I hate the cold so it wasn't as enjoyable for me. The F&W was still going on so EPCOT was very crowded after 5:00 on week nights and any time during the weekend. The other parks weren't too bad.

lynnek
08-14-2011, 03:24 PM
We are going for our second time ever nov 10 thru nov 18--Thursday thru Friday--getting out the friday night before thanksgiving. We did this last yr with much success. We hit the last weekend of F&W, the start of the christmas party, holiday decorations are up, the festival of the masters art show in downtown disney and the osborne lights at DHS. Oh, and low crowds, one of the lowest precipitation months, and pleasant weather. What's not to like? I was able to plan our week pretty well, never to wait more than 10 minutes for anything. DH was able to go on Splash a ridiculous amt of times, DS and DD1 on Everest too many to count, and since there were no lines for Triceratops Spin or Aladdins Carpet when we went, DD2 and I enjoyed the ride many, many times without having to get in line again--priceless for a 2 yr old. This was the first vacation ever, I felt I was on vacation--so we're going back.

tinksmom02
08-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Looks like New Jersey school are closed November 8th, 10th, and 11th. I can't imagine lots of parent would be worried about kids missing that one day in the middle (the 9th)!

Faline's correct, the NJEA convention (why Jersey week is Jersey week) begins on Thursday, November 10 this year. Many, but not all, schools are closed for election day on the 8th.

We'll be 8 of the Jersey peeps in WDW that week. We switched days around to get free dining so DD will be missing 3 days of school for the week.

RavsRuleDisney!
08-15-2011, 10:46 AM
As Jerseyans we have hit up WDW several times during teacher conferences here, always in early Nov. Crowds are ok, weather has never been a problem, and if you can add the free dining plan you shouldn't hesitate - GO GO GO!! :shades: