PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club breakfast suggestions?

Disneymom201
08-13-2011, 06:10 AM
I know that this thread has been discussed in the past, but I am looking for some last minute advise. There are a few mornings in which we do not have breakfast booked. We will be staying at the BC and I would like opions to where we should grab a "Quick Service" breakfast, especially the morning that we head to HS with EMH in the morning. In years past we have always enjoyed what was offered at GF,WL & AKL for these quick mornings. I have not heard too much good on the QS offerings or service at the BC.
Any advise would grately be appreciated :mickey:

5 days to check-in: One night Contemporary Concierge & five nights Beach Club
2010 AKL Surprise vacation for the boys
2009 WL
2008 GF
2005-2007 Off property

missymouseworld
08-13-2011, 07:14 AM
We stayed at the BC for the first time this past November and were concerned about their QS offerings. We had always stayed at POR and they had such a huge QS dining area and never had a problem with quick meals. BC has a small area for QS food (it is a part of the souvenir shop), but we thought they had a nice offering for a quick breakfast. They have bagels, muffins, fruit, juices, etc and also some hot offerings to go(croissant sandwiches,scrambled eggs, oatmeal, etc). There isn't a space to sit and eat, you have to go to the outside patio area across the hall, go to the solarium close by, or to your room. I have seen people sitting on the wall ledge in the hallway eating quickly before their way out. We opted to bring it back to our room and eat out on our patio since we requested a ground level room, and it worked out well. The days that we didn't have a TS breakfast scheduled, the QS worked out fine.

BrerGnat
08-13-2011, 08:54 AM
The easiest thing to do, if you're not picky, is to buy a box of cereal and half gallon of milk and keep it in your room. Have cereal in your room in the mornings before you head out. The BC marketplace is like a little grocery store. They sell lots of quick options for breakfast, like muffins, loaves of bread, jam/peanut butter, donuts, fruit, yogurt, cereal, instant oatmeal, etc. I don't know if you are on the dining plan, but if you are, I'd just use your credits on something either in the park in the morning, or there are options at the BC marketplace using QS meal credits. They have breakfast sandwiches, yogurt parfaits, french toast sticks, etc. in addition to the usual pastry offerings. There are a few options. Just know that this space is very busy in the mornings, and you will have some competition if you are looking to grab something quickly and head off the the park for EMH. It would be more efficient to stock your room and eat while you get ready.

Jillirose
08-13-2011, 09:37 AM
The small counter service as mentioned above has a nice menu. We usually due what Natalie suggests, and eat cereal in the room. I will say that because it is small and in the marketplace, the lines can get long. I would go down early (before 8) and get anything we wanted. They have a great yogurt/granola/fresh fruit parfait. :thumbsup:

Also, next door at the Dolphin - Picabu is a QS (but not on DDP) cafeteria with great options at anytime. It's a short walk and you can grab boat/busses from there. The Boardwalk has several options as well.

January-2007
08-13-2011, 10:16 AM
I agree with the yogurt parfait, that was great. We also enjoyed cinnamon rolls and chocolate croissants, as well as fresh fruit cups. Another thing to mention for breakfast especially is they have a wonderful assortment of tea bags at the refillable mug station. We found the Marketplace was adequate but just a reminder, they open at 7am and close at 11pm. That was different than what we were used to at Pop, which was open 6am- midnight.

BrerGnat
08-13-2011, 10:46 AM
they open at 7am and close at 11pm. That was different than what we were used to at Pop, which was open 6am- midnight.

This is why I made the suggestion of eating in the room on EMH mornings. You won't get any sort of jump start if you show up at 7am along with everyone else at the Marketplace. There is nowhere to get food prior to 7am at the BC...so early risers need to be creative.

DebK
08-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Room service!

MonoMan
08-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Another option is to walk over or send someone over to the Boardwalk Bakery for some wonderful breakfast treats. We especially enjoyed the freshly baked Croissants.

iceicebritney
08-14-2011, 03:51 PM
We prefer to just grab something in the parks... especially if we are headed into EPCOT for the day. Mmm French pastries anyone?:mickey: