PDA

View Full Version : quick question

ponmommy
08-13-2011, 01:50 AM
Im sure this is discussed somewhere....I cant seem to find it, do the rooms at POR have refrigerators in them? Also, is a water view room considered a "preferred room" or no?

Thank you for any help....

9 days and counting :)

Bucs300
08-13-2011, 02:02 AM
All the rooms at POR have refrigerators in them. I believe the preferred view gives you a water view, but they consider the pool a water view as well. So you have to specify if you want to face the pool or the river. The standard rooms usually face the parking lot or you a have a scenic garden view which can also be nice. :mickey:

ponmommy
08-13-2011, 02:29 AM
Thank you ! :mickey:

brownie
08-13-2011, 10:22 AM
So you have to specify if you want to face the pool or the river.

You can request one or the other for your water view, but it's not guaranteed. You may still end up with a pool view if you wanted a river view for your water view room.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-13-2011, 10:51 AM
In 2011, they made rooms at POR (and other resorts) rather confusing!

There is a "preferred" room category, which just means that you will be placed in one of the buildings closest to the main building, such as building 15 or 18.

Then, there is water view (which could be a view of any water) and river view, which specifically gives you a view of the river.

Rather crazy isn't it? But, it allows people to book a room they will be happy with (and allows Disney to charge extra for it).

Bucs300
08-13-2011, 12:58 PM
They make it so hard to book a room now a days don't they!! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Sometime, when trying to figure out what room I want, it is like trying to order at Starbucks! Thank goodness for Magical Journeys, I just tell them what I want and they translate it into "disneyspeak".

epceddie
08-15-2011, 01:24 AM
You have to watch out when it comes to water views. Disney will charge you for one if there's a puddle nearby.
We had a ridiculous "water" view at Saratoga Springs one time. It was a room facing one of the quiet pools that had big bushes all around it. There was a three-foot opening that you could see the water through and that's what Disney considered a water view. I took a photo from the balcony and went back to the check-in desk to show them. It worked. They moved us to a much nicer room with a beautiful view of Downtown Disney across the water. We had breakfast on the balcony every day and it couldn't have been nicer.