PDA

View Full Version : 1st birthday party ideas mickey theme

happydisneygirl
08-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Does anyone have any fun idea for my baby boys first birthday party.:party: My husband really wants it to be Mickey Mouse theme and I have found some nice decorations. I can get my mom to help make a nice cake but I am not sure on the best MM decorating ideas. Any other ways to do MM theme food? :mickey:

DisneyMom12
08-12-2011, 06:31 PM
You could use a Mickey head cookie cutter and make cute sandwiches. They also sell Mickey shaped chicken nuggets at costco. If you google Mickey Mouse themed food, there are some cute oreo cookie ideas.

happydisneygirl
08-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Great idea! I had no idea about the chicken nuggets, my mom has a costco card so we'll have to go check it out.

B.O.B
08-12-2011, 07:08 PM
You could send out invitations resembling the old style ticket books with your childs birthday being the E ticket ride! Mouse ears could be a party favor. You can make them using a headband and some foam or cardboard for ears.:mickey: Being a 1st birthday they probably won't remember much so make sure you have fun and take plenty of pictures to share with them when they are older!

Joannelet
08-13-2011, 08:02 AM
I had my sons Mickey themed birthday out but I had the tablecloths in Mickey colors. Some were black, yellow and red. Got one of the giant Mickey baloons which he loved and they sell Mickey birthday balloons in the dollar store as well. I used those to decorate his gift area etc. I also took his highchair and decorated it with Mickey's colors as well. Had a mickey pinata for the little kids...can put toys in instead of candy. If you have a lot of little kids coming do a craft table with mickey coloring pages, Mickey stamp activities etc. I also had games for the adults like guess what month my son was from birth to 11 months with photos printed out on a poster board. Also had them play a game where you write down milestones or things your child can and cant do yet. I put 2 chairs out on each side of room. One chair had yes and the other had no. Everyone started out in the center. Some examples were can my son throw a ball, walk, wave hi, eat with a spoon etc. And people would either walk to the yes or no chair. When one person was left they got to choose a prize. So I had some mickey games for the kids and some reg adult non mickey related games. They also sell Mickey pizza in the store so you can either make your own for the kiddies or buy it. People sat at Mickey's clubhouse named tables. I made mickey head placecards. You can also do a hidden mickey game with the kids. Enjoy!

Disney Doll
08-15-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm planning a Mickey themed party for my 4 yr old. There are a ton of cute decor items on Etsy and most look simple enough to make yourself.