PDA

View Full Version : Switching resorts?

EeyoresBestFriend
08-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Exactly how does one switch resorts? We have no car . . . .

Will they send your luggage to another resort for you? Do you get a cab? :confused:

Strmchsr
08-12-2011, 07:47 AM
Yes, Disney can transfer your luggage. As for you - yes, you would need a cab or take transportation to a park or DTD and then another bus to your new resort.

BigRedDad
08-12-2011, 07:51 AM
As Stormchaser said, you can choose which way to do it. Much of the decision on when to do it is if you are on the DDP. It is seamless. They can take your luggage for you and transfer it to the resort. You go to the parks and just go to the new resort to check-in later. If you have to do it first thing in the morning, you will need to take a cab.

WDWForever
08-12-2011, 08:35 AM
We've done this many times. The Disney resort will transfer your bags easily and you can check in at the new resort anytime (room might not be ready though). Just note that if you have DDP on both resort stays, then they are separated on the different resort room keys. I don't think you can transfer any remaining meals/snacks on your old stay to the new reservation though.

Strmchsr
08-12-2011, 09:24 AM
I don't think you can transfer any remaining meals/snacks on your old stay to the new reservation though.

That's correct. The two resorts would be two separate reservations so your ddp credits from the first resort would expire at midnight on the day you check out of that one.

EeyoresBestFriend
08-12-2011, 12:38 PM
That's great! :D

We don't have DDP on the first part of our stay, so it would kick in when we start at the second resort.

Thanks for all the wonderful advice :thumbsup:

Mousemates
08-12-2011, 01:32 PM
It is super easy...we have done it many, many times. Disney will do the luggage transfer if you life, or you can bring them along with you in the cab if you choose to go that route (our cab has ended up being a van each time we have had bell services call one for us and thus there has been plenty of room).

Another consideration (especially if you plan on going over by the cab in the morning) is to have the concierge desk at your first resort call over and ask if they have a room that is readily available for you. This allows you to go ahead and get things squared away in your rrom so you don't have to unpack again at the end of a long day in the parks. This is something that has worked out well for us on most (but not all) of our resort transfers.

teambricker04
08-12-2011, 04:34 PM
We've done it and had great experiences with it!

Our first day was at an AS. The next morning we got up and got ready to go. DH took the boys to eat breakfast and I called for the luggage to be picked up. We already had everything ready to go and it was fairly early in the morning. It took about a half hour for someone to get to the room as it was already getting sort of busy at the resort. The CM tagged each bag and I am pretty sure I tipped him.

We got on the bus to EPCOT and hung out at the park until around lunch time, we were getting tired. We walked over to BC and checked in. Our room was already ready for us, but our bags weren't there right away... which wasn't a big deal to us. We had shipped a couple of boxes down and they were waiting for us.

It was nice to check into the BC before it got really busy with check ins. I highly recommend using the luggage transfer system.

texas211
08-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Disney Bell Services did a great job. They got my packed bags from my room, and transported them to the new one. No problems.. Left a cash tip sitting on my suitcases though.