PDA

View Full Version : Booked our Trip for Feb

Butters
08-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi guys, I've been reading the threads for a while and love all the information that you all share. So this is officially my first post. My wife and I travel to Disney World almost yearly. We just booked our trip with free dining from 2/12 - 1/19 with our DD who will then be 18 months. (This is our first trip with her, so we're sure it'll be a huge change). After booking the trip I realized that presidents day is 2/20, so I'm worried that at least the end of our trip will have huge crowds. Why would Disney offer free dining that would overlap with Presidents day? Has anyone ever went the week before, how were the crowds?

Also any tips for an 18 month old would be appreciated.... It'll be an adjustment not opening and closing the parks every day :mickey:

Disney Hungarian
08-11-2011, 05:33 PM
I can't answer the questions.

But, :welcome:
to INTERCOT

Strmchsr
08-11-2011, 06:21 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

Yes, President's Day Weekend, and the week after, can be pretty crowded. I'm guessing Disney offered the "free" dining promotion to encourage folks to do more than just a weekend trip. They can just about offer that promotion whenever though as they aren't losing any money on it (otherwise they wouldn't keep offering it).

As for your 18 month old, it'll all depend on her. You know your child best. If she's laid back you can probably do most of what you want. Just use the baby swap and have fun. If she's a little more high maintenance, then take that into account. Overall, don't expect her to have any specific reaction and just let her experience the World for herself. This trip will be much more for you as your daughter won't have a clue what's going on. But, you can have fun, take lots of pics, and make some good memories. The best way to handle that, I think, is to keep to her schedule in terms of naps, eating, etc as much as possible.

Jillirose
08-11-2011, 06:37 PM
We go yearly the week before President's weekend. It is busy, but nothing like spring break! We usually get in all our favorites in the morning - the lines can get quite long in the afternoons. Fast passes and hoppers help.

There are some great suggestions for toddlers in this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=184661). Also, quite a few tips under 'Children - Traveling with (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/default.asp)' at info central.

faline
08-11-2011, 06:43 PM
The week leading into Presidents' day weekend isn't bad but I'd say it's moderately crowded. The Daytona 500 runs that weekend and a fair number of race fans stay at Disney which helps push the crowds up.

As you get into Presidents' Day weekend, the crowds go up tremendously - that's the start of the busy spring break season.

I'd go to the Magic Kingdom early in the week and avoid it over Presidents day weekend as the crowds seemed to be the worst in that park.

Welcome to Intercot! :mickey: Glad you decided to officially join us!

Butters
08-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice! Sounds like we'll just have to deal with the Huge crowds for a few days