PDA

View Full Version : Wdw with family-CSR/POR/POFQ??

disneymomma2010
08-11-2011, 08:43 AM
I have been booked now for months for the CSR. I put alot of thought into my decision and I have been excited to try this resort for the first time.

About a month ago my dh's sister came to me and said they want to go too. They have never stayed in a wdw resort before and have only been to mk and ak once, on two seperate days. They are a family of five so they will have to stay at por. I told them at that time that I was not going to change my resort. But now as it is getting closer I am starting to think we need to stay at por or pofq to be close to them. They do not know much about wdw and I think they would be pretty lost if we weren't there with them. And dh thinks part of the fun having the family there is traveling to and from parks with everyone together.

So here are my questions:
Has anyone traveled with family and stayed in seperate resorts? What was your experience?

We stayed at por last year and loved it. But I really wanted to have queen beds because that was my only complaint about last year. Will they be letting people stay in some of the new rooms by october or are they going to wait until the whole section is completed?

Pofq is a beautiful resort but I don't like the marti gras theme. The food court kind of freaks me out, I'm not too crazy about the pool, and I'm not crazy about the pictures I have seen of the new rooms. The only reason I would stay here would be because of the queen beds. ..Unless someone can sell me on it!

I need some advice please to help me make my decision. Thanks!:thumbsup:

Jillirose
08-11-2011, 12:00 PM
We stay separate from my brother and his family most years, but they are Disney aficionados! I guess the bottom line for me would be time- do I want to meet up with them at parks or do I want to spend more time together, including lounging at the pool, breakfast etc.

Staying in another resort provides a "buffer" if you need it!!

renecat
08-11-2011, 01:00 PM
POFQ have queen bed now. We are going in Nov. and staying 2 days there before we move over to GF. Cant speak on the question about family at differnt resorts. Never done that.

disneymomma2010
08-11-2011, 05:00 PM
To answer my own question, I called disney and they are letting peope stay in their finished rooms at por, if there is availabilty during your stay. There is none when we will be there:( and I was really starting to get pumped thinking about staying in the new rooms.

Tinkerbella16
08-13-2011, 12:38 AM
The last time we went to wdw.. we were a group of 14.. Me, my sister & her bf stayed at Pop Century.. My uncle, aunt and cousins stayed at CBR and the other family we went with stayed at BLT and it worked out great. We booked all of our ADR's together and basically just met up each morning and stuck together in the parks.. left in the afternoon to our seperate resorts to rest and met back up in the evening again. It worked out really great!

I have stayed at all three resorts you've mentioned. We stayed at CSR back in 1998 so it was fairly new then, it was nice but haven't been back since the rooms were redone. I must say I loved POR until I stayed at POFQ the following year with my mom. I praise this place all the time on these boards to people who ask about POFQ. I fell in love the second I walked off the DME bus. Its really not over the top mardi gras themed. Its so peaceful and the grounds are so nice and cozy.. cobblestone streets with street signs at every corner. We went in November and it was so quiet.. felt like we were the only ones there. I love that POR & FQ have the boat to DTD.. the Sassagoula River is such a nice touch to the resorts.

POR was just too big and I guess it was because they put us in the furthest building in Alligator Bayou, but we did have the West Depot bus stop right outside of our room. it felt like everything else was a mile away but I don't mind walking really. POFQ was just so much smaller and no matter where your room is, you are close to everything. There is only 1 bus stop at FQ which is nice. And when the two resorts share busses (they don't always) POFQ gets picked up and dropped off first. We never had to share both times we stayed at POR or FQ. The food court really isn't bad.. you are only there to eat and then leave. I think the room renovations at POFQ are beautiful compared to what they used to look like. I cannot wait to stay in the refurbished rooms next time we go.. I watched some videos on youtube and they did such a nice job and everything is new and the beds are queen sized.. so much better!! That is my opinion on POFQ. After staying there, I don't wanna stay anywhere else.. for the money it is like a mini deluxe without spending a ton of money. My home away from home. :mickey:

disneymomma2010
08-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks!:thumbsup: I have been reading Alot about pofq. So many people just love it. I am leaning toward staying there and requesting building 7 because it is the closest to por and we can walk back and forth and visit each other. I really was not crazy at all about what the rooms look like but they are starting to grow on me:blush:. I still don't like the food court but I won't be spending much time there anyway. I do however think that the grounds are beautiful. So, I will probably be changing to pofq, but I don't think I should change until my family books por, just incase for some reason they end up not going. But, I am kindof nervous that they might take too long and fq will be booked.:(