PDA

View Full Version : ADR Times Strict?

BigRedDad
08-11-2011, 08:34 AM
I have a 4:45PM dinner reservation for Boma. The Jammin Jungle Parade is at 3:45PM. We plan to leave right after the parade to head to AKL for dinner.

My question is how strict are they? I do not plan on missing attractions due to reservation times. I could also take a cab.

Schedule:
Parade: 3:45PM
Parade Finish (at the exit): 4:15-ish
Bus Stop: 4:25
AKL: 4:45-ish

faline
08-11-2011, 09:38 AM
They ask you to arrive 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled time. As long as you don't have an extaordinarily long wait for your bus, you should be fine - especially since the bus ride is only about 5 minutes from Animal Kingdom to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Strmchsr
08-11-2011, 10:14 AM
:ditto: They'll hold your ADR for 15ish min if you're running a little late, but not indefinitely. And arriving late can sometimes mean a long wait time as they basically have to work you in at that point.

BigRedDad
08-11-2011, 10:56 AM
That's what I figured.

I am hating this free dining even more :) I will not miss attractions, shows, or what have you for a meal. I can eat something anywhere. If I get to the bus stop and the bus is not there, I will just hop a cab. It will only be a couple of bucks.

DisneyDINK
08-11-2011, 11:16 AM
With an ADR that early for dinner I bet you'll be OK. If you show up late to Le Celier or O'Hana at 7:30pm, that's another story, you might be in for a wait.

I'm guessing you tried to get a later time, but it wasn't available. I've showed up right at or 5 minutes after my assigned time and I've had no problems at many busy restaurants.

A Big Kid
08-11-2011, 11:17 AM
The official policy is 30 minutes. I found this out one morning while going to Cindy's for breakfast. I was traveling with 4 women, and go figure we were late everywhere we went. I called WDW-DINE to tell them we were going to be late and I was advised that they would hold ADR's for 30 past the specified time.

RBrooksC
08-11-2011, 11:31 AM
It also depends on the time of the year and how busy the restaurant is.

In May we had an ADR for Kona for breakfast and we missed it. I had written on the calendar the wrong time and we slept in that day thinking the ADR was later.

I called the reservations number and was told they would just have to seat us when they could when we arrived.

When we go there, they still had our ADR and since many tables were open, there wasn't a problem.

I do suspect, if it had been a busy time of the year, it would have been a different story.

BigRedDad
08-11-2011, 01:34 PM
this is during Free Dining and everything is filled. No more openings for dinner the day we are going to Boma.

I just checked a cab fare calculator. It is only $7 to get from AK to AKL (Jambo house). Like I said, I will be happier to miss dinner than to miss the parade. I have more than enough time any way. If I get out to the buses and there is not one waiting and it is after 4:15, I will hop a cab.