PDA

View Full Version : Resort Pool Usage - Contemporary & Bay Lake View

ekatz
08-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Hello,

I am hoping to take my 3.5 and 1.5 yr old to Disney and thinking that the Bay Lake is a good choice for us due to proximity to MLK. I also like that the pool is zero-entry as that is great for my kids at this age. But I am also considering the Contemporary tower, to be even closer to the monorail (kids still nap). Do these two resorts share pools...the BLV pools/water sprinklers look better for kids this young, but i rather not make decisions based on pictures.

thanks!
liz

magicjasb
08-10-2011, 06:07 PM
We have stayed in both the Tower at the Contemporary and BLT with young children. At BLT you can use the zero entry pool. They also have a water fountain area and a mini water slide that my 1.5 year old loved. If you stay at BLT you can also use the pools at the Contemporary. That is not the case if you stay at the Contemporary. You will not be able to access the pool at BLT. The walk from the monorail to BLT is very quick. Especially if you request a room on the floor with the connecting bridge. Our room in the tower, was right above Chef Mickey's. We actually found it to be very loud at times. The location of both BLT and the Tower are both great with young kids especially if you are going to spend a lot of time at the MK. Have fun!:mickey:

brownie
08-11-2011, 09:44 AM
:welcome:

ekatz, welcome to INTERCOT!

ekatz
08-11-2011, 12:07 PM
thanks..very helpful advice regarding the hotels.

MonoMan
08-11-2011, 06:29 PM
I would recommend BLT - the pool is great for kids. There is a small slide off to the side of the pool and then the larger slide that you see in most of the photos. The resort is also great. It is a short walk to catch the monorail or walk to the bus stop area. You can also walk to MK (there is a walkway) and I think it took us less than 10 minutes. Also if you're kids are too tired to stay at MK for the fireworks, you can go out in the common areas on each floor and watch them.