PDA

View Full Version : Columbia Harbour House

mydisneygirls
08-09-2011, 10:32 AM
In all the years we've been going to Disney, I never knew about this place. I've read that the portions are good. Any opinions on the:cloud9: food?

DisneyFr33k
08-09-2011, 10:38 AM
This is our favorite counter service at MK. :thumbsup: They have great fish, chicken and now shrimp baskets. Portions are very good. You won't walk away hungry. We take our food upstairs and eat over the bridge that separates Frontierland from Fantasyland. We love to people watch from there. :cloud9:

RedSoxFan
08-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Excellent place to eat!!:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
08-09-2011, 10:50 AM
There's a great Hummus sandwich, and a great Tuna sandwich, and my son really enjoys the fish strips. :thumbsup:

iceicebritney
08-09-2011, 10:51 AM
CHH is Hands down my absolute favorite Counter Service in all of the parks:thumbsup::thumbsup:

They have a great selection that fits our family. Some of us like chicken fingers and some like the wraps. It's hard to find something to please everyone and this place seems to do it everytime:mickey:

disneymom15
08-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Husband and I like the tuna sandwich. Clam chowder soup is also very good.

iceicebritney
08-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Clam chowder soup is also very good.

I forgot about this! The clam chowder is one of the main reasons we go there:thumbsup::thumbsup: Yum-O!

mouseketeer mom
08-09-2011, 11:49 AM
We love CHH. I am a huge fan of the Hummus sandwich, my kids love the chicken strips, super crispy, the "good kind" they say! My husband loves the fish and chips and we always share a chowder too. Very cool and quiet upstairs. A fantastic place to decompress.

Bay Lake
08-09-2011, 12:25 PM
I am another who think this is the best CS in the Mk, Fried Shrimp meal is great and so is the Chowder. And the upstairs dining is a sleepers, you can always find a clean table, even for larger groups.

gauvin4
08-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Another fan of Columbia Harbor House. Go upstairs for a less crowded meal.

diz_girl
08-09-2011, 01:02 PM
I really like the CHH. I love their salads, but the last time I ate there I was less than pleased with their Vegetarian Chili. It tasted like the Nutri System chili. Maybe I should have stuck with the salad. While I may eat there again during our upcoming trip, I'll probably try Cosmic Rays or the Plaza first.

Tinkerbella16
08-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Columbia Harbour House is my favorite counter service in MK!! We love the "anchors a'weigh" tuna sandwich. It is so good and not too bad for you since its on a nice multi-grain toasted bread with lettuce and tomato, yummm!! You will not be disappointed.. the other entrees are also good as well but this is what i get everytime now since I first tried it! :mickey:

BeccaO
08-09-2011, 03:12 PM
One of our favorite spots to eat for CS!!! Absolutely love the upstairs, great place to relax and unwind, nice quiet retreat!!!! The fixins bar is clean and the tables are always clean as well and roomy!!!!!:thumbsup:

azcavalier
08-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Ditto. What they said. This is also our favorite CS in the MK. And we always go upstairs as well. Usually pretty empty.

The main reason we love this place is because it's not your typical chicken nuggets/burgers/pizza place. It's different, and not all fatty and/or fried. It's a refreshing change from the majority of other fast food type meals. And the ambiance is great.

Katzateer
08-09-2011, 05:40 PM
We were eating there 30 years ago and still try to make one stop each trip!:thumbsup: Great counter service

BrerGnat
08-09-2011, 05:52 PM
The portions are not any different than any other CS location, but there is a good variety of options and the food and atmosphere are excellent! Definitely worth going to. I am partial to the Tuna Sandwich.

Sylvia
08-09-2011, 07:10 PM
One of my favorites.

This is always on our list for the fish/chicken and chips combo - my Mother's favorite. Now, I have eat there at least twice on each trip, because I also like the shrimp.

And, another vote for upstairs seating.

mydisneygirls
08-09-2011, 07:26 PM
This place sounds like it has something for my girls and myself since they are picky eaters. Can't wait to try it! :mickey:

snowflakegirl
08-09-2011, 08:23 PM
When I was there last August my boyfriend and I ate there for the first time. We loved it. We had the shrimp and the fried fish and the clam chowder. Definitely going to make the Must Do list for our next trip.

DisneyBunch5
08-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Another thumbs up. Our family enjoys the food (quality & large portions). My wife and I unsually split a tuna sandwich or BLT salad, along with chowder. As others have mentioned, it's a cool & quiet place to relax upstairs.

merlinmagic4
08-10-2011, 01:39 PM
My favorite CS - the only "must do" we have each year!! Love it :) We also eat upstairs :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
08-10-2011, 06:23 PM
I are there for the first time in July. The BLT salad was really good. I went upstairs and had a view of the walkway from Fantasyland to Liberty Square :mickey:

Sylvia
08-10-2011, 09:51 PM
;) Can it be possible that only Intercotees know about the upstairs seating??????:scratch:

Most of us who have posted on this thread have recommended sititng upstairs. Yet, every time we've been there, we've always been able to get a table upstairs, no matter what time of day it is. :clappy:

Very, very strange.

Tinkerbella16
08-11-2011, 07:38 AM
When taking the Keys to the Kingdom tour a few yrs ago, our tourguide told us that there is this man that comes into the MK every single day just to have the tuna sandwich at Columbia Harbour House and that is all. Everyday, hes been doing this for years! I couldn't believe it.. but it tells ya a lot about how good it is there lol! :mickey:

RBrooksC
08-11-2011, 09:03 AM
When we were there in May, we ate there the night we decided to watch the MSEP. We sat upstairs, right by the window that overlooks the Riverboat and The Haunted Mansion.

It was decent counter service food, nice decor, nice view and the perfect place to begin our evening in the MK.

Martino
08-11-2011, 09:13 AM
This place has to be my favorite CS in WDW. I love it! Food is great:thumbsup:

Infact I will be there in 12 days!:D

Daisy'sMom
08-11-2011, 09:47 AM
I love the BLT salad. DH always gets the tuna sandwich. It is our favorite place to eat at MK for QS.:mickey:

Tigger's Mom
08-11-2011, 10:38 AM
My husband and I ate here as part of our Keys to the Kingdom Tour, a first for us. We enjoyed it. I got the tuna and it was really good. My DH isn't big on seafood, so he went with chicken. My sister and her family did not have a good experience at CHH one night. I think it was later and everyone was hot and tired and just couldn't find what they wanted, but I don't think I could convince my brother-in-law to go back. My sister did enjoy the hummus though!

LauraByTheSea
08-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Love CHH! On one of our trips last year, their power was partially out so all they had were "cold" items. I really wanted fish & chips. :( The other times I really didn't have a craving for it, but I do now, so I think I know where we're having lunch one day on our next trip!

Hull-onian
08-15-2011, 02:34 PM
We like the Columbia Harbour House because the food is very good, reasonable,and plenty of seating. I highly recommend it.

DisneyFr33k
08-16-2011, 07:20 AM
;) Can it be possible that only Intercotees know about the upstairs seating??????:scratch:

Most of us who have posted on this thread have recommended sititng upstairs. Yet, every time we've been there, we've always been able to get a table upstairs, no matter what time of day it is. :clappy:

Very, very strange.

Exactly! We've read here about this for years and the past several trips, we head upstairs to sit over the bridge and it is empty every time. I love the quiet, relaxing atmosphere.

Mousemates
08-16-2011, 07:35 AM
;)
Most of us who have posted on this thread have recommended sititng upstairs. Yet, every time we've been there, we've always been able to get a table upstairs, no matter what time of day it is. :clappy: Very, very strange.

We have never not been able to get a table upstairs either...even during the crazy business news years weekend...my theory is that most people think the stairs lead to an "off-stage" or cast members only area and never give them a try.

joonyer
08-16-2011, 11:07 AM
We have never not been able to get a table upstairs either...even during the crazy business news years weekend...my theory is that most people think the stairs lead to an "off-stage" or cast members only area and never give them a try.

And most WDW guests have have never frequented Intercot or similar boards, so they probably don't have a clue about the upstairs. So when you get up there, shout out "Anybody from Intercot up here?" You may find somebody you know! ;)

DisneyFr33k
08-16-2011, 01:18 PM
So when you get up there, shout out "Anybody from Intercot up here?" You may find somebody you know! ;)

Love it! I'll plan on it for my next trip!

Also, the bathrooms on the upper level are empty compared to the lines in the ones downstairs.