PDA

View Full Version : Using pool after checkout?

lawgirl
08-08-2011, 09:36 PM
I don't think this has happened to me before, but we'll have quite a bit of time between checkout and when our flight leaves. We are staying at the AKL Jambo House. Will we still be able to use the AKL resort pool after we checkout? And the showers and locker room?

Also, will we be able to use the Kidani Village pool? Or just Jambo House

Thanks for the info!

sara114
08-08-2011, 09:53 PM
I also had time between checkout and flight leaving. We used the pool, lockers, and showers. We just left our luggage at the desk and I retrieved our carryon before boarding the ME bus. Made for a nice lunch / afternoon. Grandson slept on the plane also !

ransam
08-09-2011, 12:48 AM
I can say that last year i checked out and my plane didn't leave until 6pm. so we just chilled by the pool all day. it was a nice way to get some relaxation before heading back to the real world.

olivegirl
08-09-2011, 09:30 AM
We always have the latest flight out on our check out day so we can get every last bit out of our last day!!! We hang out at the pool all day!! About an hour before we leave for the airport we take a quick shower and off on the Magical Express! It works out great for us!!:thumbsup:

iceicebritney
08-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Try requesting a late check out. We always do a late check out on our last day so we can take the time to enjoy our last few hours of magic in WDW:mickey:

Disdad13
08-09-2011, 04:15 PM
If you do request a "late" checkout, how late is it?

sainter
08-09-2011, 06:23 PM
When we have requested late check out, IF/WHEN we were given it, it was 1pm for free and were offered a later check out for a fee, a large fee.
1:00 is only 2 hours but it was nice to have a bit more time to organize.
Never hurts to ask!

CleveRocks
08-09-2011, 06:40 PM
At any halfway decent hotel in the USA, checked-out guests on check-out day can use all the amenities of the hotel (except their former guest room, of course) and retain all the rights and privileges of hotel guests, through the end of that calendar day.

At Disney World resorts, IF you are granted late check-out, you can get up to 1 p.m. for free (as reported above), from 1:01 - 3:00 p.m. for up to 50% of the nightly rack rate, and after 3:00 p.m. for up to 100% of the nightly rack rate.

epceddie
08-15-2011, 01:30 AM
Rack rates? Oh, the horror.

jonahbear2006
08-16-2011, 05:09 PM
I think that you are more than welcome to stay at your resort until you leave. I have asked before if we could use the pool before check in and they told us that was fine, so I am assuming it is the same afterwards. and your room key cards have a date and that last day date you check out makes that day your expiration date, so it shouldnt be over until that day ends.