PDA

View Full Version : Who is she???

disneycutie165
08-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Okay, I'm hearing lots of talk about this Snow Queen and I have to ask- who is she??? I've never heard of her nor seen her. I looked her up and all it said was that it was a fairytale created by Hans Christen Anderson. So can someone please tell me why she is so popular and how she is involved with Disney?

Capt_redshirt
08-08-2011, 12:33 PM
maybe they are referring to the white queen from the chronicles of Narnia. that series was done by Disney but the only character i heard came to the parks was prince Caspian

McLiberal8
08-08-2011, 12:56 PM
There is also a rumored Disney movie coming out in a few years with the same title. Search 'Alan Menken Snow Queen' in a search engine, it should give you more info.

Figment!
08-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Snow Queen is also a nickname of The Queen from Snow White.

Dr. Facilier
08-08-2011, 04:43 PM
The Snow Queen probably refers to the White Witch, the main antagonist of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. You used to be able to see her in the Narnia feature in Hollywood Studios (she was played by a cast member for the show, but couldn't be interacted with). That feature has been changed somewhat for the latest movie, but she appears in one form or another in there.

I have seen YouTube videos of the White Witch interacting with guests and doing signings, but it appears to be only in Disneyland.

SBETigg
08-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Snow Queen is also a nickname of The Queen from Snow White.

I've never heard her called that. It has always been simply the Queen or the Wicked Queen. If I hear Snow Queen, I'm thinking of the Hans Christian Andersen tale myself, but possibly the White Witch of Narnia. The Queen from Snow White, though Snow is in the title of the tale, would not occur to me.

asianway
08-08-2011, 07:08 PM
In character hunting circles, the Evil Queen from Snow White is often called the Snow Queen. Ive also heard the Prince less often referred to as the Snow Prince.

It has nothing to do with Narnia

Villains0501
08-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Because the characters in Snow White were given pretty generic names, with the exception the leading lady and her dwarf friends, Disney character hunters have simply referred to characters associated with the film with the forname "Snow".

Snow Queen = Wicked/Evil Queen
Snow Witch = Old Hag
Snow Prince = The Prince

I was confused, too, when I first read about these odd snow people.

Greenlawler
08-09-2011, 12:30 AM
Because the characters in Snow White were given pretty generic names, with the exception the leading lady and her dwarf friends, Disney character hunters have simply referred to characters associated with the film with the forname "Snow".

Snow Queen = Wicked/Evil Queen
Snow Witch = Old Hag
Snow Prince = The Prince

I was confused, too, when I first read about these odd snow people.

This is 100% correct.... good summation. A lot of character anglers use these terms.

badkitty
08-09-2011, 01:10 AM
Hmmm... that just seems wrong to call her that. She is just the Queen or the Wicked Queen to me.

Hog
08-09-2011, 03:34 PM
My Daughter calls her "The Ickey Witch"

jpH/keD
08-11-2011, 09:13 PM
I have been on Intercot so long that I had forgotten the questions folks have on this issue. The big time character anglers around here use the Snow Queen very often to describe the evil queen who was Snow White's step-mother! She is very interactive in the parade at DHS! She came right up to the face of my DNephew, never said a word, glared deep into his eyes, backed up one step, stuck her tongue out at him and walked away! Very true to her evil character it was a priceless photo!! :thumbsup: She gets my vote for favorite villan!:secret: